Is there any chance for a new Golden Sun?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by burp61, Jan 1, 2009.

Jan 1, 2009
  1. burp61
    OP

Newcomer burp61 Member

United States
    Hey, I just wanted to know if the new golden sun for the ds is a possibility and is it in development or not.

2. updowners

Member updowners lurklurklurk

Australia
    no

i'm not kidding. there are only rumors about the game.

3. Rod

Member Rod GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    There's no official word of it at all. But if I'm not mistaken, Camelot president said he'd like to do a 3rd chapter.

Whether that's something to be hyped about or not it's up to you [​IMG]

4. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    This thread won't turn out good..

We've had many discussions about this, and so far, NO Golden Sun chapters/sequels/ports or anything has been announced..
    Also, the title is very misleading!

5. cornaljoe

Member cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I remember the news about how the team got back together. They announced an unnamed RPG they were working on but still no word on what it is. Did I miss any other news this was quite some time ago.

6. burp61
    OP

Newcomer burp61 Member

United States
    when i saw that supposed picture for the new golden sun i was freakin out because this is the best rpg so far after final fantasy though

7. xylos

Member xylos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you mean..

this one?

[​IMG]

8. Nocturnius

Member Nocturnius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Its been years all ready about will there be another golden sun. and the answer now is the same answer as back then. Nothing Official Has been made. Even if there was going to be one They will need to make a good story for it. because the lighthouses were all lit. The world was saved. It finished. It has been concluded. Unless they make it about how that one water adept bad guy survived. Even with that They will have to think hard on a possible story for a sequel. Perhaps a remake will be better or a Prequel. As for a sequel I don't know. I really hope for one. With Isaac as the lead again. I liked him more than Felix [​IMG]

9. xylos

Member xylos GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You liked Isaac more than Felix? Then how come your sig shows felix and no trace of Isaac? lol

10. LivingToDie

Banned LivingToDie Banned

Netherlands
    i guess because he liked gs 2 more than 1 xD
    or maybey he thinks the rest of the party of isaac sucks harder than the rest of the party of felix
    [​IMG] lol...

11. Nocturnius

Member Nocturnius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    XD because I like the other water dude in there! lol the ancient race adept guy lol and i couldn't find a good sig of Isaac xD. and yea i liked golden sun 2 better than 1. But Isaac owns all [​IMG]

12. Acheron

Newcomer Acheron Member

Australia
    A sequel could be done if they spent enough time on it. After Alex escapes Mt. Aleph, he could be pursuing a greater power in another distant land that Alchemy has restored. Or they could go the Final Fantasy route and make an entirely new game world but keep the same gameplay mechanics (Psynergy and Djinn).

A prequel could work too, when Alchemy was at its peak, when Lemuria was an alive & populated city, and the world was much bigger with lands previously lost from a dying planet. I hope Golden Sun isn't dead, there's still plenty of potential left in it.

13. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    Well if Nintendo actually stopped asking them to make sports games, we'd might actually get a new Golden Sun game.

14. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I have no doubt that they want to make another Golden Sun game but they know that it has to be good. Despite craving another title, I would be quite happy with no more games instead of a crap one.

15. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Yeah, as people have said, the guy in charge of Camelot said he would like to make one, and they're actively thinking about it. But that was about a year ago, and again, like people have said making Golden Sun 3 would be a difficult task.
    I think the attitude and general opinion is that a Golden Sun 3 would be nice, but it's not likely it'll happen.