Gaming Is there any chance for a new Golden Sun?

burp61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just wanted to know if the new golden sun for the ds is a possibility and is it in development or not.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burp61 said:
Hey, I just wanted to know if the new golden sun for the ds is a possibility and is it in development or not.

no

i'm not kidding. there are only rumors about the game.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
There's no official word of it at all. But if I'm not mistaken, Camelot president said he'd like to do a 3rd chapter.

Whether that's something to be hyped about or not it's up to you
tongue.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This thread won't turn out good..

We've had many discussions about this, and so far, NO Golden Sun chapters/sequels/ports or anything has been announced..
Also, the title is very misleading!

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember the news about how the team got back together. They announced an unnamed RPG they were working on but still no word on what it is. Did I miss any other news this was quite some time ago.

burp61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i saw that supposed picture for the new golden sun i was freakin out because this is the best rpg so far after final fantasy though

Nocturnius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its been years all ready about will there be another golden sun. and the answer now is the same answer as back then. Nothing Official Has been made. Even if there was going to be one They will need to make a good story for it. because the lighthouses were all lit. The world was saved. It finished. It has been concluded. Unless they make it about how that one water adept bad guy survived. Even with that They will have to think hard on a possible story for a sequel. Perhaps a remake will be better or a Prequel. As for a sequel I don't know. I really hope for one. With Isaac as the lead again. I liked him more than Felix
biggrin.gif

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nocturnius said:
Its been years all ready about will there be another golden sun. and the answer now is the same answer as back then. Nothing Official Has been made. Even if there was going to be one They will need to make a good story for it. because the lighthouses were all lit. The world was saved. It finished. It has been concluded. Unless they make it about how that one water adept bad guy survived. Even with that They will have to think hard on a possible story for a sequel. Perhaps a remake will be better or a Prequel. As for a sequel I don't know. I really hope for one. With Isaac as the lead again. I liked him more than Felix
biggrin.gif

You liked Isaac more than Felix? Then how come your sig shows felix and no trace of Isaac? lol

LivingToDie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xylos said:
Nocturnius said:
biggrin.gif

You liked Isaac more than Felix? Then how come your sig shows felix and no trace of Isaac? lol

i guess because he liked gs 2 more than 1 xD
or maybey he thinks the rest of the party of isaac sucks harder than the rest of the party of felix
tongue.gif
lol...

Nocturnius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
12philip12 said:
xylos said:
Nocturnius said:
biggrin.gif

i guess because he liked gs 2 more than 1 xD
or maybey he thinks the rest of the party of isaac sucks harder than the rest of the party of felix
tongue.gif
lol...

XD because I like the other water dude in there! lol the ancient race adept guy lol and i couldn't find a good sig of Isaac xD. and yea i liked golden sun 2 better than 1. But Isaac owns all
biggrin.gif

Acheron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A sequel could be done if they spent enough time on it. After Alex escapes Mt. Aleph, he could be pursuing a greater power in another distant land that Alchemy has restored. Or they could go the Final Fantasy route and make an entirely new game world but keep the same gameplay mechanics (Psynergy and Djinn).

A prequel could work too, when Alchemy was at its peak, when Lemuria was an alive & populated city, and the world was much bigger with lands previously lost from a dying planet. I hope Golden Sun isn't dead, there's still plenty of potential left in it.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have no doubt that they want to make another Golden Sun game but they know that it has to be good. Despite craving another title, I would be quite happy with no more games instead of a crap one.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, as people have said, the guy in charge of Camelot said he would like to make one, and they're actively thinking about it. But that was about a year ago, and again, like people have said making Golden Sun 3 would be a difficult task.
I think the attitude and general opinion is that a Golden Sun 3 would be nice, but it's not likely it'll happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end