Homebrew Is there any app/homebrew to move/view Wii U files from the PC or directly from the console?

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The SD Card Reader on my PC is broken, and sometimes it's horrible to try to make the MicroSD read correctly on the PC.

So I was wondering if there is any program that allows me to view MicroSD files, move folders and etc... right from my console and maybe move files from PC to my console right from the internet (or local network)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, ftpii u everywhere or the ftp app by @Laf111 . the latter is supposed to be better, just updated my channel of it today in fact in order to add MikaDubbz dark mode theme, which looks fantastic.

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be much easier just to buy a sd to usb adapter. They can be picked up mega cheap online in such places as ebay. For instance the one I have only cost £1.99 on Ebay and it is still going strong after nearly 2 years. And I use it nearly every day.

Screenshot_20210816-235130_eBay.jpg

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a micro sd to usb 3.0 adapter from recommendation from @Hayato213 , I've always forgotten about it though as my laptop has 2 usb 3.0 ports and 1 usb 2.0 port, and I almost always use the right port (usb 2.0). it won't help with the wii u itself, but it will make transferring files faster from the pc, like if you want to transfer some wup files.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In general when it come to file transferring USB 3.0 is always faster than USB 2.0, when it come to the SD card end, typically U3 would benefit on faster file transfer from computer to SD, no benefit from usage on the Wii U, if you don't mind waiting, then usb 2.0, and class 10 or U1 would be fine.

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes, ftpii u everywhere or the ftp app by @Laf111 . the latter is supposed to be better, just updated my channel of it today in fact in order to add MikaDubbz dark mode theme, which looks fantastic.
Thank you very much, I just finished downloading.:D

It would be much easier just to buy a sd to usb adapter. They can be picked up mega cheap online in such places as ebay. For instance the one I have only cost £1.99 on Ebay and it is still going strong after nearly 2 years. And I use it nearly every day.

View attachment 273245
I already have two of these, one of them just stopped working and the other just works when it wants to (I always have to keep taking the MicroSD out and putting it in until eventually it works, it's frustrating), that's why I was looking for some app/ homebrew for my 3DS and Wii U that would allow me to move in the MicroSD files without having to remove it from the console.

Luckily on 3DS I was already moving .cia using Boop (unfortunately if I want to install some homebrew or something I still need to remove the MicroSD) and with Wii U I didn't know about this FTP but I'll test it right now .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: How Roms Try Helping? +1