Hacking Is there an official topic for 3DS hacking status?

tj445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lets say that the #whateverchannelyouaretalkinabout is called Group A, whereas we who are not inside group A are called Group B.

Group A has proven it inside their Group that whatever they are doing is a step forward.
Group B has no way to know what Group A is doing because Group A does not give info to no-names, Aka people outside Group A.

Basically what you are saying is that a closed group is making progress and whether we know or not, it is unconditionally true that they are making a step forward.
You DO know that your logic makes no sense whatsoever?
Even if they are top-notch hackers, unless they actually release it to the crowd it does not mean anything.
Especially on the internet where pics and vids are all that matters

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
tj445 said:
Lets say that the #whateverchannelyouaretalkinabout is called Group A, whereas we who are not inside group A are called Group B.

Group A has proven it inside their Group that whatever they are doing is a step forward.
Group B has no way to know what Group A is doing because Group A does not give info to no-names, Aka people outside Group A.

Basically what you are saying is that a closed group is making progress and whether we know or not, it is unconditionally true that they are making a step forward.
Even if they are top-notch hackers, unless they actually release it to the crowd it does not mean anything.
Why is it that you're sure of the fact that there is 0% progress when you know just as little as the rest of us in "Group B"? You seem awfully positive that there hasn't been anything.

tj445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am not positive on that, but people make it sound as if hacking a 3DS is easier than making a toast.
Kinda hate it when it gets flooded with stupid questions and people who are positive there is progress when there actually isnt any whatsoever.

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj445 said:
I am not positive on that, but people make it sound as if hacking a 3DS is easier than making a toast.
Kinda hate it when it gets flooded with stupid questions and people who are positive there is progress when there actually isnt any whatsoever.

hacking is simple (4 the good ones) but it's common sense to wait for a big update from nintendo to start anything.
That's what I'm trying to say. If they started to hack it now , nintendo is going to block it anyways.
You make it sound like their only a few people trying to hack this thing, it most of china, Russia , and whoever makes flashcards. Instead of giving stupid answers , give stupid questions.

Also news flash this is a forum , flooding is normal even if it's fill with stupid question,
remember you were stupid once.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
@[Truth] NAND dumps aren't that difficult, give me any device with a NAND chip and I'll give you a NAND dump simple, ram dumps are harder though still an obvious step that only accounts to understanding not really an exploit (for the average Joe anyway)

It makes sense for nothing to be released until the big update for obvious reasons. Along with DSi aswell since the DSiware transfer thing that could be used for DSi mode (before someone says it redownloads from Nintendo, that shouldn't matter unless DSiware is stored differently on the SD card (which I doubt anyway))

When there's a hack, it will be on the front page of this and every other pro-console hacking site.

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that would be 100%, since it IS hacked (we have DS Mode flash carts). It may not have all the features everyone wants, but no hack ever will, so, if it's an absolute thing, we'd be at 100%.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Antoids said:
Actually, that would be 100%, since it IS hacked (we have DS Mode flash carts). It may not have all the features everyone wants, but no hack ever will, so, if it's an absolute thing, we'd be at 100%.
You do know that in cases like the PSP, a hacked one has all the features of an unhacked and more, right? You can even play some legit games on a hacked PSP Go that you can't normally because it lacks a UMD drive and there's no digital release of some titles, such as the kingdom hearts game.

I wouldn't call only being able to access a backwards-compatibility mode a 100% hack anyways. When it's to the point of the Wii where people have documented how the system works and make devkits and even modified versions of system-critical files to add new features... when the public has access to info like that, I'd say a system is fully-hacked.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tj445 said:

Did you ever visit this channel?
Did you know that #3dsdev is a public channel?
You can read about all their findings, whatever they are talking about and you can talk to them too, so your whole post is pretty much obsolete.

The Pi said:
@[Truth] NAND dumps aren't that difficult, give me any device with a NAND chip and I'll give you a NAND dump simple, ram dumps are harder though still an obvious step that only accounts to understanding not really an exploit (for the average Joe anyway)

It makes sense for nothing to be released until the big update for obvious reasons. Along with DSi aswell since the DSiware transfer thing that could be used for DSi mode (before someone says it redownloads from Nintendo, that shouldn't matter unless DSiware is stored differently on the SD card (which I doubt anyway))

When there's a hack, it will be on the front page of this and every other pro-console hacking site.
That might be the case, but everything you try to hack a system is part of the progress, even if it leads to an dead end, isn´t it? Like a process of elimination.
Documenting, like it happens on 3dbrew.org, is also part of the progress.
NAND dump was an dead end (for now), because everything is encrypted.
RAM dump is difficult, because there is epoxy all over the place.

QUOTE(Braedon @ Apr 20 2011, 08:06 AM)
Oh well, it's not like there's anything worth playing right now anyway.
You know, there are still people out there who want to see actual homebrew on the 3DS?
There is so much potential with it´s 3d capabilities!
yaynds.gif

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
[Truth said:
]
tj445 said:

Did you ever visit this channel?
Did you know that #3dsdev is a public channel?
You can read about all their findings, whatever they are talking about and you can talk to them too, so your whole post is pretty much obsolete.

The Pi said:

That might be the case, but everything you try to hack a system is part of the progress, even if it leads to an dead end, isn´t it? Like a process of elimination.
Documenting, like it happens on 3dbrew.org, is also part of the progress.
NAND dump was an dead end (for now), because everything is encrypted.
RAM dump is difficult, because there is epoxy all over the place.

QUOTE(Braedon @ Apr 20 2011, 08:06 AM)
Oh well, it's not like there's anything worth playing right now anyway.
You know, there are still people out there who want to see actual homebrew on the 3DS?
There is so much potential with it´s 3d capabilities!
yaynds.gif

I for one cant wait for 3D homebrew!
Its cool to hear theres a nand dump done, even if it is really encrypted. I'm sure there will be a ram dump sooner or later...
If its possible, I hope it'll be in the form of a flashcart again. Even if you have to pay £30+ for the flashcart alone, cause then there will be no modifications needed for the 3DS, so its basically still unhacked, and nintendo cant really do any checks. Only on the flashcart itself, and then you'd just need to update the flashcart when nintendo do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1