Is there already a Super Mario 64 DS control patch for Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by VitaType, Dec 29, 2016.

1. VitaType
    OP

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Hi,

I'm unsure if this is the right place, but since e.g. Virtual Console injections are discussed under 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' I assume its the best place to ask (maybe it should be added to 'Wii U - Games & Content', I think 'Wii U - Emulation & CEMU' is the wrong place since that seems the place for emulating the Wii U rather then emulators on the Wii U).

I would like to know if there is a control patch for Super Mario 64 DS Virtual Console or at least for one other DS emulator on Wii U (RetroArch e.g.) that allow to use the Joystick as input instead of the Stylus (I'm aware of the alternate control scheme, but I think 64DS is the superior version of the game expect the controls and that the digital control is awful).

I searched for it, but haven't found one. Yet I can't belive that no one has made one by now. Maybe I just can't find it...
    Here an example of what I mean for a PC emulator.

Thanks in advance,
    VitaType

Last edited by VitaType, Dec 29, 2016
  2. emuman100

emuman100 GBAtemp Regular

May 12, 2006
    United States
    No, there isn't.

3. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Skelux made a patch for sm64ds's controls like months ago, it plays nice with a analog stick and plays similar to the original 64 one.

Not giving you a link, but you could search for the rom and inject it onto a wii u vc one.

edit: nevermind, you were aware of the patch. There is also a prepatched rom, it plays fine with a analog stick or the 3ds circle pad (played it on a flashcard)

Last edited by DeslotlCL, Dec 29, 2016
    VinsCool likes this.