Hacking Is there a way to transfer WiiWare/VC licenses?

SSJwiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting this error when running punetwiin
uqmKQ.png

Hunter X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My powers of deduction and comprehension of the English language tell me that Punetwiin errors out at reading the data for /title/00010008/48414b45/content/0000000e.app. Now my telepathic powers tell me that the file might be corrupt.

SSJwiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My powers of deduction and comprehension of the English language tell me that Punetwiin errors out at reading the data for /title/00010008/48414b45/content/0000000e.app. Now my telepathic powers tell me that the file might be corrupt.
That's what I suspected but...
a) How can I tell what it is
b) Is it fixable or can I delete it
c) How should I fix/delete it

Hunter X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use something like showmiinand to see what it is (channel, vc, etc.). Use a wad manager on your Wii to delete it (the entire title, if it's something unimportant). Please correct me if i'm wrong, anyone.

SSJwiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I did a nandBinCheck to see what could be bad on my nand and I found these titles IDs:
HAKE (unknown)
HALE (unknown)
R9DE (A corrupt Drawn To Life save file I've been unable to remove)

HAKE and HALE are both listed under the Hidden Titles folder (/100010008/)

Black_Knight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of people being charged more for having Nintendo repair a modded Wii and I've heard of people being refused a repair.
Last I knew, N will charge nearly the cost of a new wii or just completely refuse to repair it.

Bloody hell, that doesn't sound good. I'm considering doing a gambit where I send in my Wii that includes a note saying it's modified and I want them to get rid of the modifications.

Also I'd try ShowMiiWads, but I'm on an OSX and it only works for windows.

Edit: While I'm here, what are the IDs for homebrew channels and apps like WAD manager, Emulator, and the general large stuff so I can scrub those. I assume ShowMiiWad would help me there, but I can't access that at the moment.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can dump your nand to your computer, then open the nand up in ohneschwanzenegger and install the broken titles and see if it works.

SSJwiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install those 3 titles? Two of them are hidden channels and one is a game save.

Edit: I found out what the two hidden channels are (HALE and HAKE): one is for the EULA and one is regsel (region selection)

SSJwiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there WADs to reinstall the EULA and region selection "channels"? I've searched and couldn't find them.

EDIT: Since wiibrew.org is up and running again today, I'm using the NUS-Downloader to download EULA and regselect WADs. I'll try installing them and combining both Wii's nands together again.

SSJwiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good news: Reinstalling the EULA and region selection hidden channels fixed them.
The bad news: I've still got a corrupt save file stopping me. Is there any way I can delete it? I've tried to using the Wii's system setting and through AnyTitleDeleter, but both don't do it. AnyTitleDeleter freezes and the System Settings won't let me do anything (just stays there forever with the progress circle spinning and menu music playing).

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The good news: Reinstalling the EULA and region selection hidden channels fixed them.
The bad news: I've still got a corrupt save file stopping me. Is there any way I can delete it? I've tried to using the Wii's system setting and through AnyTitleDeleter, but both don't do it. AnyTitleDeleter freezes and the System Settings won't let me do anything (just stays there forever with the progress circle spinning and menu music playing).
I don't know, try wiimod's title manager, you can try it on a few different cios. You could try to download a working save of the corrupted game, see if your able to replace it. There is always the system format, but then you lose all your wiiware/vc, but you should be able to download those again. Just make sure you have a nand backup so you can extract to wad if you needed to.

SSJwiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, try wiimod's title manager, you can try it on a few different cios. You could try to download a working save of the corrupted game, see if your able to replace it. There is always the system format, but then you lose all your wiiware/vc, but you should be able to download those again. Just make sure you have a nand backup so you can extract to wad if you needed to.

I could do a system format but all my gamesaves would also be erased. I want as much preserved as possible.

This is becoming a nightmare. All I need is that one, annoying gamesave gone. I've tried multiple IOS' with Wiimod, Savegame Manager GX can't detect the gamesave on my Wii, and I can't extract my nand dump on my PC because of that bad save file so erasing it manually won't work (unless there's a way to delete it through a nand editor that I can't find).

SSJwiggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run nandExtractor, the extraction of the nand stops once it gets to the bad file. When I use method #2 in that link you posted, the command window stops responding when it gets to the file.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
since its a save game thats the only bad file left idk if this would work or might be a bad idea but have you tried ftpii to delete it if you cant delete it that way you could at least replace it with a non corrupt file then delete that

please correct me if its a bad idea

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try to dump a working g save of the corrupt title with fstoolbox, then replace it on the other Wii. Possibly that would help. Try running a title manager on ios16. Just shooting in the dark

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back