Is there a way to play Emulated Roms online?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No online as in actually online, like me playing a friend who lives far away from me like on Street fighter 2, or playing Co-op on TMNT
Thanks chuck, does this work on any emulator? if so, i will consider you to be my idol from now on.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes it exists natively in some emulators.
for example Zsnes has an UDP socket for multiplayer, works fine and I did use it a lot.
Epsxe had a plugin (though it didn't work well) for online play from a second layer on the player input.
Maybe visualboyAdvance special edition (I don't remember weel if it was online or just lan/local)

I think other emulators might have this feature too.

jaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You could try zbattle.net for SNES if it's still up, used to play Secret of Mana on it with my friend and it ran pretty smoothly.

jy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
Maybe visualboyAdvance special edition (I don't remember weel if it was online or just lan/local)

I think other emulators might have this feature too.

Hamachi is really handy in situations where a game only does local gaming. Just set a network up with your friend, and the game will think he's sitting on the same network!

ipaidthebills

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
I was just curious, if it can be done? (yes i checked google and very few results)
South Central Emulation
Online Multi-Player Emulated Gaming Server​
Kaillera & or EmuLinker enables emulators to play on the Internet.

With Kaillera or EmuLinker you can enjoy playing video games with others from all over the world.
It consists of a client and a server. The client is usually embedded into your favorite emulator and the server is a
Stand-alone application that needs to be run on a machine directly wired to the Internet.

Welcome to the South Central Emulation Online & Public "KAILLERA" & "EMULINKER KAILLERA" Emulation Servers. Yes there is now two (2) different KAILLERA Servers available for your 1/2/3/4+ Player Online Emulation Gaming Action ! Most KAILLERA Ready Emulators are preconfigured to fun the Original Version of "KAILLERA" & will include the Original "KAILLERA" Source code. These emulators are compatible with "EMULINKER KAILLERA" Servers.​

Other emulators supporting Kaillera & Emulinker:

1. - MameLang32+ (MAME32 with lots of features added)
2. - Bliss (Intellivision emulator)
3. - NESten (NES emulator)
4. - Jnes (NES emulator)
5. - SNES9xK (Super NES emulator)
6. - Nemu64 (Nintendo 64 emulator)
7. - Project64k (Nintendo 64 emulator)
8. - Modeler (Sega System 32emulator)
9. - Gens (Sega Megadrive emulator)
10. WinUAE (Amiga emulator)
11. - PCAE (Atari 2600 emulator)
12. - Kawaks (CPS1, CPS2 and NeoGeo emulator)
13. CyberPad (Sony PSX emulator ePSXe)
14. GBA Link Cable Emulator VBALink VBA Link is a modified version of VisualBoy Advance that supports linking of up to 4 gba's online.

Learn More & Play at http://www.southcentralemulation.tk "Online Multi-Player Emulated Gaming Server"

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well..God-Weapon.com has a Classic Gaming Arena, which supports the following:

SNES [Zsnes]
NES [Virtual NES]
KegaFusion [Sega Genesis/Mastersystem/Gamegear/32x/SegaCD]

Unlike Kaillera, this is a Peer 2 Peer tool, so it connects you directly with your client. A lot less lag then Kaillera, basically.

Directly Download: CGA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: