Hacking Is there a way to launch RxTools without opening the browser?

oscc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is a stupid question

I don't like the idea of having to open my browser every time, especially when I will be in situations without internet (doing a bit of travelling later this year)

oscc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I didn't realise Mset worked for RxTools (only got it working today), never heard of the .3dsx method. Is there a guide to those methods? Thanks for the reply

oscc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I did see that, don't you need Cubic Ninja for that? Was hoping to avoid methods that require additonal games/flashcarts etc

oscc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't you still need internet for after scanning the QR? I tried disabling my Wifi then scanning the QR and it didn't work due to internet disabled

Or is that for 4.7+?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes bu it's only once, unless you play to a ds/dsi game, change your profil settings or format your console.
And what do you mean 4.7+?

oscc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah yes I see it works regardless now, thanks so much

I was confused about 4.7+ because the guide says "(your last firmware digit must be 7 or more to use this)"

oscc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I tried that and even deleted launcher.dat but when I open DS Profile it still goes straight to Rx

Edit: not working after deleting launcher.dat, Rxtools.dat etc. Throws an error whenever I try to MSET something else. Is there a config file or something in another folder I also need to delete?

Last edited by oscc,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a stupid question

I don't like the idea of having to open my browser every time, especially when I will be in situations without internet (doing a bit of travelling later this year)

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/rxTools-Cakes/releases

This works on MSET if your on 9.0-9.2 and downgraded System Settings to the one from 4.x. Make sure to use the included NDS file for installing MSET rop. The old rxinstaller or original CakeROP nds file will not work.

ClintYip_92122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
https://github.com/ApacheThunder/rxTools-Cakes/releases

This works on MSET if your on 9.0-9.2 and downgraded System Settings to the one from 4.x. Make sure to use the included NDS file for installing MSET rop. The old rxinstaller or original CakeROP nds file will not work.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this, but I downgraded my System settings to 4.x, and can run rxtools-Cakes from the browser...how do I make use of the rxCakeROP.nds file so I can run this without browser?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain