Hacking Is there a way to compress MP3s for moonshell?

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to compress MP3s for moonshell, Or a certain format I can convert them to to save space. Anyone know?

rippon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, MP3s are already compressed, so unless Moonshell starts supporting some other format with better compression, you're pretty much as compressed as you're gonna get.

That said, you could encode your MP3s at a lower quality if you just have to fit more on your card. Your MP3s are probably 128kbps or 160kbps, which sounds pretty much like the original CD. If you don't mind your music sounding like it's coming out of a tin can, you could recode them to 64kbps or 80kbps, or mono instead of stereo, and you'd be able to fit a few more songs on there. But, they'd sound like they were on the radio or a cellphone ring tone or something
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I agree, that would be the only solution to reduce filesize. Or use Ogg. It has slightly better quality at lower bitrates, so at 64 kbps, the songs would sound slightly less tinny.

A better solution would be to buy a bigger memory card. Unless you have a flashcard with built-in memory...
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: fischju beat me to it
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over