Hacking Is there a way to backup the save file of a game I own

Supertag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I own mario 64 DS and I have 95 stars and i want to back up the save file so incase I lose the tiny cart I can keep my save file. so like how would I do this ?

RenHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this work with Nintendo's USB Wi-Fi Adapter? Cause I've followed the guide to the letter and it stalls on the 'connecting for access point' screen, so the only thing left to question is the Wi-Fi. Friend of mine told me he got it working with his USB so it's the only reason I'm trying, it doesn't really make sense otherwise.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1.nds (also by Rudolph):
http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds/Backup/
and an EZ-Flash 3in1 cartridge to backup and restore saves and to dump carts.
It is quick and simple. Saves take a few seconds to backup or restore.
Dumping a large cartridge takes a few minutes and several cartridge swaps.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No homebrew will work with the Nintendo USB Wifi adapter until you install modified drivers to turn it into a SoftAP. Instructions for doing this can be found via google.

RenHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SoftAP, looks promising. It won't hinder my ability to log into Nintendo's Wi-Fi to play games online though, right?

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Rudolph's slot-2 tool is by FAR the fastest and least complicated way to back up games and saves.

I used it with my Supercard mini to back up ALL (20 or so) of my games and saves. And SM64 is an especially good game to do this with, as it's a good enough game that I might find myself wanting to play it some on the road, but it's also a game I've overplayed, so I don't take the cart around with me.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
RenHero said:
I should probably clarify that I don't have anything Slot-2, only the Supercard.
Yeah, you can use the wi-fi method if you follow the instructions on how to use the wi-fi adapter with homebrew. One thing to keep in mind is that that method is convoluted and EXTREMELY slow, from what I've heard. It ought to be all right for savegames, but for backing up full games, you're probably looking at an overnight job for medium-to-large-sized games. The slot-2 method is by far the fastest, followed by the 3-in-1 method.

RenHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried turning my WiFi adapter into a softAP using the tutorial on Afterdawn, but when it came to setting up Internet Connection Sharing, it just didn't do what it was supposed to and I ended up losing the net for an hour or so (though I knew what was wrong but couldn't remember for the life of me how to change my static IP settings).

There's no quicker way, is it?

And, it would just be for the save files, really. Though I'm a bit worried that I'd just back up my saves, then acquire a ROM, and it wouldn't be the same version? Slim chance, but I'd rather not have to spend 4 hours backing up a game.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to back-up ALL saves from anywhere on the card (like they can be anywhere, not just on the root). I tried the method contained in post 2 link 1 but I couldn't back it up. I think because I don't have the original cartridge.

So is there a way to backup all saves on your microSD card automatically (like wi-fi or use a app on the pc or something?)? Because it beats doing it the manual way >>Copying + Pasting

chiseen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eyedunno said:
Rudolph's slot-2 tool is by FAR the fastest and least complicated way to back up games and saves.

I used it with my Supercard mini to back up ALL (20 or so) of my games and saves. And SM64 is an especially good game to do this with, as it's a good enough game that I might find myself wanting to play it some on the road, but it's also a game I've overplayed, so I don't take the cart around with me.

Which one? Is it the GBA Exploader or something else?

RenHero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I have a wireless adapter (http://reviews.cnet.com/adapters-nics/trendnet-tew-424ub-network/4505-3380_7-31132412.html, seems to suck but I got it for free), I tried turning it into an access point (set it to ad-hoc) but could never connect to it, so I'm gonna need someone to take my hand and walk me through this if possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol