Is there a way i could create a Mega 3DS?

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replacing parts, making it bigger, kind of like a small gaming laptop
I've seen something close to what you're describing....like a device that folds in the middle, bigger than a 3DS, more power and GAMING?!?!
ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I think what he wants is to take the motherboard of a 3ds and attach a larger screen, some controls and basically "home console" it, like make it not be portable anymore. I'm not sure how well that would work since the conectors for the screens are small but I guess it could be soldered somehow to display like it does on a capture card, next would be the controls, again soldering some wires to a pad to have some lenght, after that comes the battery.... it would take a lot of work

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think what he wants is to take the motherboard of a 3ds and attach a larger screen, some controls and basically "home console" it, like make it not be portable anymore. I'm not sure how well that would work since the conectors for the screens are small but I guess it could be soldered somehow to display like it does on a capture card, next would be the controls, again soldering some wires to a pad to have some lenght, after that comes the battery.... it would take a lot of work
If that is the case, then you'll need to put a lot of hard work into reverse engineering the screen and how it communicates with the 3DS, as well as making your own custom boards for the buttons amongst others.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
If that is the case, then you'll need to put a lot of hard work into reverse engineering the screen and how it communicates with the 3DS, as well as making your own custom boards for the buttons amongst others.
Well we already have 3ds capture cards, so routing it to a tv shouldn't be hard, as for the controller aspect I found years ago something interesting https://in.ign.com/super-smash-bros/61801/news/3ds-playable-with-gamecube-controller-adapter-mod
Technically making a "home console" 3ds should be possible since some games don't even use the touch screen

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well we already have 3ds capture cards, so routing it to a tv shouldn't be hard, as for the controller aspect I found years ago something interesting https://in.ign.com/super-smash-bros/61801/news/3ds-playable-with-gamecube-controller-adapter-mod
Technically making a "home console" 3ds should be possible since some games don't even use the touch screen
Imagine carrying this thing around with the controller dangling. That wouldn't be so much of a hassle for a delved in Smash player. :rofl2:

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Wasn't there the latest Aya Neo device which is literally a PC that looks like a DS? There's no 3D aspect, though. If you want to watch 3D videos, you can use one of the guides to turn an .mp4 to .moflex and then .moflex to .cia for your regular 3DS.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
Replacing parts, making it bigger, kind of like a small gaming laptop

I didn't ask what your intended outcome was. I asked what your plans to achieve what you want are. As in, do you have any knowledge on how to do these things? Do you know how to replace the parts and what to replace them with? Are you skilled at reverse engineering? Have you built or done anything similar? What are your qualifications for this project?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: On screen keys would be cool if the rubber ever fails