Homebrew Is there a utility to download switch game patches/dlc?

• Thread starter Deleted-401606
  • Start date
  • Views 12,023
  • Replies 23
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted-401606

OP
Back for the wii u there was a program on here would you could download patches/dlc from a nintendo server(I believe). Does a similar gui exist for the switch?

Reactions: NoNAND

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not directly to nintendo no use the usual sites+ a title installer i refuse to talk about that server on discord (not only for legality sake but your own safety/sanity)

D

Deleted-401606

OP
not directly to nintendo no use the usual sites+ a title installer i refuse to talk about that server on discord (not only for legality sake but your own safety/sanity)
CDNSP by bob doesn't work? I'm new to the switch hacking scene and have no sources.

D

Deleted-401606

OP
Google. Or search for homebrew discord. They have tinfoil with their own settings and run their own servers with games so you can download them easily.

I have that tinfoil, but some parts of the game didn't download right and I am missing the DLC/Update. I don't want to retry the download and have the entire 16gb game downloaded again.

D

Deleted-401606

OP
its called HBG. ignore these white knights of nintendo piracy. Can't link it or send you links, just google the name.
Yep,Ive been using this but some files have problems. They aren't even white knights on here lol, they are just bitter individuals that don't want to share the love.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
A homebrew that directly connects to Nintendo's servers doesn't exist anymore due to Nintendo fixing the bug how they handle client/server CDN requests if you don't have a valid ticket.
For now at best there's this custom version of tinfoil in the wild.
That said, it doesn't quite always work. Games corrupt or stop during installation. Moreover, word has it that it's a malicious program that might steal your cert.
Your best choice should be to look for your games/dlc/updates on the web, place them on the SD card and manually install them.

Last edited by NoNAND,
D

Deleted-401606

OP
A homebrew that directly connects to Nintendo's servers doesn't exist anymore due to Nintendo fixing the bug how they handle client/server CDN requests if you don't have a valid ticket.
For now at best there's this custom version of tinfoil in the wild.
That said, it doesn't quite always work. Games corrupt or stop during installation. Moreover, word has it that it's a malicious program that might steal your cert.
Your best choice should be to look for your games/dlc/updates on the web, place them on the SD card and manually install them.
So HBG can steal my cert? Who said this? I am pretty paranoid as this is what was recommended on here. What can they do with my cert?

D

Deleted-401606

OP
Like i said it's only speculation and not entirely debunked and proven true.
Use at your own risk.

Reddit says that the gbatemp mod that said that has a vendetta. GBAtemp has done some questionable things in the past like letting a guy that stole tens of thousands of 3ds stay unbanned.

Last edited by ,

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Get HBGshop, look at its config. There will be links to google drive shared folders with games, dlcs and updates. Use you browser or any other software to download what you need from that google drive links.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i said enter that discord at your own risk (if you don't mind transphobia by all means go on in) (I warned you btw) basicly its the discord version of 4chan to put it in prospective not a good place to be even when sw/sh gets leaked november time

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
like i said enter that discord at your own risk (if you don't mind transphobia by all means go on in) (I warned you btw) basicly its the discord version of 4chan to put it in prospective not a good place to be even when sw/sh gets leaked november time

We live in a time when saying "Men can't get pregnant" is considered transphobic. It's become meaningless along with "Nazi".

To get back on topic yes there are methods for getting DLC and patches but you're gonna have to search for them, no-one here will be allowed to link directly to them. You can either download them as .nsp files and install them via Tinfoil or Goldleaf etc, or run a version of Tinfoil which installes them directly to your Switch. That's about as much as I can help you.

Reactions: LightBeam

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

you don't need to go on hbg discord to get the files you need

Kirgane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a place I could recommend as well, but unfortunately as has been stated already it would be against the rules to give any more information here.

I checked, and hopefully it's not breaking the rules to suggest this - if you feel able to let me know a way of contacting you outside of GBAtemp then I could give you more details, but I totally understand if you'd rather not trust a level 1 lurker. I'm just, in your own words, trying to share the love :) Sadly I don't have the post count to send PMs, but perhaps you can still send me one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night