Homebrew Is there a DS emulator that uses the Wii's functionality to communicate with DS'es?

friedkeenan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I want is to unlock the post-game "DLC" in Dragon Quest IX on my DS Lite without having to buy any special hardware to hack it and modify the save file. So, is there any DS emulator that uses the Wii's built in functionality of communicating with DS'es to talk with actual DS'es?

Reactions: Mythical

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No (and frankly Desmume Wii has better things to look at - if hypothetically it was still worked on, of course)

Can you do what you want with a save editor? Then you may be able to use your Wii to stream a save-to-FTP DS homebrew, using the DS Download Station "exploit" that was moderately popular two years ago!

friedkeenan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No (and frankly Desmume Wii has better things to look at - if hypothetically it was still worked on, of course)

Can you do what you want with a save editor? Then you may be able to use your Wii to stream a save-to-FTP DS homebrew, using the DS Download Station "exploit" that was moderately popular two years ago!
Yeah, I figured out that that's an option, but when I try to download the save file, it downloads it, but then says the file couldn't be transferred

EDIT: I just got it to work. I'm so glad this happened

Last edited by friedkeenan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi