Gaming Is the streetfighter4 "fightpad" any good?

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
this thing is ridiculously expensive so i need to know it's amazing before i blow all my money on it :

fightpad

the first street fighter i played was sf2turbo on the megadrive. the mega drive control pad was extremely acurate. i could fire out ten fireballs in a row with ryu.
with the 360 controller the dpad is incredibly inacurate (half the time i end up doing an uppercut or jumping instead of a fireball).
the thumbstick on the 360 controller is deadly acurate but also really slow. it takes me almost twice the time to do a move with the thumbstick than with the dpad.

8777691x.jpg

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
from what I have been reading no its rubbish. I wanted one too but will no way pap £30 for as apart from fighter the pad will be useless. On top of that the 360 version is wired

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
aw man. can't believe the 360 version is wired. just when i thought i couldn't hate microsoft anymore.

i think i'll order mine from asia. it's considerably cheaper there.

the only thing i want to know is how acurate and easy to use is the dpad?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the controller was pretty good. Having the 6 face buttons makes it more like an arcade experience.

Even though my Logitech RumblePad (looks like a PS2 controller with 2 extra buttons) doesn't have the 6 face buttons, I can just map the extra 2 commands to the left/right buttons, so I'm not pressed for a new controller. My trusty RumblePad has served me well.

But if I needed a new controller. I would probably get that one.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't heard good stories about the fightpad.

after 1 month you will get problems with the dpad, you can find more threads with problems at shoryuken.com

I got the SE stick but it's also crap, so now i have to shell out $60 for sanwa parts, thank you madcatz
mad.gif

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
hmmm ok all things considered i'm going to go for it.
i want the fight pad over the arcade stick cuz i'm only used to the megadrive joypad.
also all D-pads degrade with time... solution, regular cleaning and occasional superglue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: