Is the streetfighter4 "fightpad" any good?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by nin10do, Apr 10, 2009.

1. nin10do
    OP

nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2007
    Taiwan
    UK
    this thing is ridiculously expensive so i need to know it's amazing before i blow all my money on it :

fightpad

the first street fighter i played was sf2turbo on the megadrive. the mega drive control pad was extremely acurate. i could fire out ten fireballs in a row with ryu.
    with the 360 controller the dpad is incredibly inacurate (half the time i end up doing an uppercut or jumping instead of a fireball).
    the thumbstick on the 360 controller is deadly acurate but also really slow. it takes me almost twice the time to do a move with the thumbstick than with the dpad.

[​IMG]

2. linkje

linkje Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2008
    Netherlands
  3. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
    RRP is closer to £35, certainly don't spend that much on it! How good it is depends on who you ask.

4. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    from what I have been reading no its rubbish. I wanted one too but will no way pap £30 for as apart from fighter the pad will be useless. On top of that the 360 version is wired

5. nin10do
    OP

nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2007
    Taiwan
    UK
    aw man. can't believe the 360 version is wired. just when i thought i couldn't hate microsoft anymore.

i think i'll order mine from asia. it's considerably cheaper there.

the only thing i want to know is how acurate and easy to use is the dpad?

6. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    is there a wireless six button pad like the madcatz available. I donr care if its not street fighter branded

7. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
  8. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    I heard the controller was pretty good. Having the 6 face buttons makes it more like an arcade experience.

Even though my Logitech RumblePad (looks like a PS2 controller with 2 extra buttons) doesn't have the 6 face buttons, I can just map the extra 2 commands to the left/right buttons, so I'm not pressed for a new controller. My trusty RumblePad has served me well.

But if I needed a new controller. I would probably get that one.

9. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    I haven't heard good stories about the fightpad.

after 1 month you will get problems with the dpad, you can find more threads with problems at shoryuken.com

I got the SE stick but it's also crap, so now i have to shell out $60 for sanwa parts, thank you madcatz [​IMG]

10. nin10do
    OP

nin10do GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2007
    Taiwan
    UK
    hmmm ok all things considered i'm going to go for it.
    i want the fight pad over the arcade stick cuz i'm only used to the megadrive joypad.
    also all D-pads degrade with time... solution, regular cleaning and occasional superglue.