Hardware Is the PSP capable to accept a 64GB microsd ?

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the necro-bump. I am running 6.60 PRO-C (supposedly the 'best' and most 'stable' CFW). However, it does not recognize a 64GB micro-SD card. Is this a reader issue, or is it simply not supported? Should I drop down to 32GB? Can I, alternatively, reformat it to 32GB?

EDIT: Never-mind, I am an idiot. It was as simple as asking the PSP itself to format it. Apparently it did not like FAT32 from the PC itself via Easus Partition Manager.

Last edited by grcd,

rickwj324

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the necro-bump. I am running 6.60 PRO-C (supposedly the 'best' and most 'stable' CFW). However, it does not recognize a 64GB micro-SD card. Is this a reader issue, or is it simply not supported? Should I drop down to 32GB? Can I, alternatively, reformat it to 32GB?

EDIT: Never-mind, I am an idiot. It was as simple as asking the PSP itself to format it. Apparently it did not like FAT32 from the PC itself via Easus Partition Manager.

I recently put a 128gb card in my son's and it works fine. No issues to report. :)

Reactions: grcd

Yobgoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this card work on the psp? I dont wanna have to do the micro sd option. heard it's slooooooow.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 172

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the appeal of the duo adapters. With all the fuss you have to go through to get the two cards working together, it's way easier to just get a single slot adapter and a one large capacity microSD. I have a 200GB soldered into my PSPgo using one and haven't had issues. Even the slowdown isn't too bad, it's mitigated pretty heavily by CFW between the XMB overclock and MS speedup settings.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't understand the appeal of the duo adapters. With all the fuss you have to go through to get the two cards working together, it's way easier to just get a single slot adapter and a one large capacity microSD. I have a 200GB soldered into my PSPgo using one and haven't had issues. Even the slowdown isn't too bad, it's mitigated pretty heavily by CFW between the XMB overclock and MS speedup settings.
Back when the PSP was current, large MicroSD cards were expensive so it made sense to get a dual adapter and use two smaller MicroSDs instead. Now it makes less sense since 128 and 200 GB cards are so cheap, and by using a single card it makes it simple to plug the MicroSD into a reader for transferring files, and 128 GB is plenty of space for PSP games anyway. But do keep in mind, you can use the dual slot adapters with a single card, you don't have to use both slots. So it still makes sense get a dual slot adapter, so you have more options if you decide you need more space later down the line, you can just add another card of equal size than switching out the card for a larger one.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when the PSP was current, large MicroSD cards were expensive so it made sense to get a dual adapter and use two smaller MicroSDs instead. Now it makes less sense since 128 and 200 GB cards are so cheap, and by using a single card it makes it simple to plug the MicroSD into a reader for transferring files, and 128 GB is plenty of space for PSP games anyway. But do keep in mind, you can use the dual slot adapters with a single card, you don't have to use both slots. So it still makes sense get a dual slot adapter, so you have more options if you decide you need more space later down the line, you can just add another card of equal size than switching out the card for a larger one.
Fair point, I remember when PSPs were new, a 1GB MSDUO would cost you about $100USD. Should have qualified it more as "doesn't make as much sense these days" I guess :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E