Hardware Is the Pro Controller that good? Better than a 3DS good?

evm_daredevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I’m thinking of getting one to use on my Switch and PC, heard from many people that it’s pretty much the best controller for most games and I like gimmicks like the HD Rumble but the form factor of the joy-cons not so much. I did however find a local offer for a regular 3DS in good condition for pretty much the same price as the controller and I can only get one or the other. I’m mainly interested in the 3DS for the jrpgs like the MegaTens that I doubt will be ported and homebrew. What do you suggest? Is it really worth it to get a 3DS in current year?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a pretty strange question because the two aren't remotely comparable. One lets you play your current system in comfort, the other is an entirely new system (which isn't all that comfortable...)

What I can say is that any given 3DS game is exceedingly unlikely to be ported to Switch. So if you have a strong interest in 3DS games you should probably go with the system. If you're the type that can't "go back" to 240p visuals then maybe not.

Reactions: evm_daredevil

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, I’m thinking of getting one to use on my Switch and PC, heard from many people that it’s pretty much the best controller for most games and I like gimmicks like the HD Rumble but the form factor of the joy-cons not so much. I did however find a local offer for a regular 3DS in good condition for pretty much the same price as the controller and I can only get one or the other. I’m mainly interested in the 3DS for the jrpgs like the MegaTens that I doubt will be ported and homebrew. What do you suggest? Is it really worth it to get a 3DS in current year?
You can emulate 3DS games on your PC and use the Pro Controller to play them. So go with the Pro Controller :)
The regular o3DS isn't very nice anyway. The 3D works way better on the n3DS and games run better (with cpu clock/L2 override)
And the screens on the o3DS are pretty small. I don't think it's worth it.

Reactions: evm_daredevil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse