hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FB_IMG_1700806583910.jpg

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The N-word is such a touchy topic despite there being differing opinions about the word, going back to the days of slavery. Depending on how the word is said, should rely on context, but most people know that its a derogatory term for something negative about their skin tone, and will take offense if they did not consent to it. Black people use it in rap and even to greet themselves as an alternative to "What's up, dude."

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What do you think "social construct" means?
I don't know, you tell me.
Post automatically merged:

Screenshot_20231124-083215~2.png

🤔
Is my Nintendo Wii a social construct then?

Are y'all mothers a social construct too for interacting with
way too many humans every night?

Age of concent is definitely a social construct 😏

Last edited by JuanMena,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know 5 Rasict words and when i get mad i say them a lot (when no one's around of course) also the N word is one of them. also i have issues where i throw fire extinguisher at the ground to provoke people who piss me off (i make sure no one is around to throw it on the ground) also an odd fetish about it i want to see one blow up by throwing it on the ground. yeah i got anger issues but i really don't care about anything right now.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know, you tell me.

View attachment 405733

🤔
Is my Nintendo Wii a social construct then?

Are y'all mothers a social construct too for interacting with
way too many humans every night?

Age of concent is definitely a social construct 😏
afaik, virginity is a thing for women (biologically), but is a social construct for men

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
imo, it's something that was completly made-up by society.
For example, "asshole" is a part of a body, but making that an insult is a social construct.
Then everything is a fucking social construct.
Language is a social construct. Politics is a social construct.
The church that got build last year is a social construct.

Racism is a social construct, so I should get the pass, you know what? Fuck the pass... anything goes because everything is made up by society.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then everything is a fucking social construct.
Language is a social construct. Politics is a social construct.
The church that got build last year is a social construct.

Racism is a social construct, so I should get the pass, you know what? Fuck the pass... anything goes because everything is made up by society.
well, pretty much, yes.
Social construct can be anything that has been defined/given a meaning by society.

For example, another example, in french, the N-word is "n3gre", but before that, it was "n3gro" which literally means "black"
So, why calling a black person "n3gro" is considered as an insult? You are just saying "black" in another language, right?
Well, the fact that "it is an insult" is a social construct (like pretty much all insults actually)

Religion is a social construct too. Why would anyone believe in God? Because someone (a priest) told you to.
Language being a social construct? Nah, not that far. Languages are just a way to communicate. But if you go by the very definition, we, humans, gave a meaning to words, so it could be considered as a social construct.

JuanMena

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well, pretty much, yes.
Social construct can be anything that has been defined/given a meaning by society.

For example, another example, in french, the N-word is "n3gre", but before that, it was "n3gro" which literally means "black"
So, why calling a black person "n3gro" is considered as an insult? You are just saying "black" in another language, right?
Well, the fact that "it is an insult" is a social construct (like pretty much all insults actually)

Religion is a social construct too. Why would anyone believe in God? Because someone (a priest) told you to.
Language being a social construct? Nah, not that far. Languages are just a way to communicate. But if you go by the very definition, we, humans, gave a meaning to words, so it could be considered as a social construct.
Is Mayonnaise a social construct?
patrick-mayo.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch