Hacking Is the emulation completely accurate?

Scythian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By that I mean, if I were to use this on a DSi, would I notice any speed differences than playing a real cart on an NDS/Lite

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the Micro SDHC/SD you use. Some of them are slower then others while others can be faster then the actual cart according to some people. I personally have seen slowdowns when using my 8GB sdhc.

If you want to access DSI mode get a Cyclo IEvolution but most roms have the DSi section or something removed.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
For me pretty much everything runs perfect. If you have problems, you can adjust the CPU frequency, or even turn the sound off or adjust the frame skippage. I still think it's awesome to play GBA games without putting anything in the bottom, or on a DSi, the fact that I'm even playing them.

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Rydian said:
You are talking about the GBA emulation, right?
I'm hoping so, because if it isn't...then what he is thinking to be emulation is terribly terribly wrong.

he is, because he said would he notice a difference on a dsi versus playing a real cart on the DS / DS Lite ( the only two DS's with a GBA slot)

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, there is a speed difference. not only in frames per second but in sound as well.
yeah, it's true the DS2 can emulate GBA, but it is only what most people call "acceptable." and the SNES emulation seems like even more of a proof of concept than a full, working emulator.
no games currently run at full speed.
disabling sound and forcing frameskip to manual and 1 provides you with a great speedup too, but at the cost of all your sound. and this doesn't work on all ROMs.

it basically goes unsaid that there are huge flaws with the DS2, a couple being that due to the bandwidth limit on the cartridge:ds gate, the CPU harms your FPS on retail DS ROMs.
and the GBA emulator, of which all the fuss is about (lol), is only acceptable to those who have no other means of GBA emulation, or don't mind playing laggy games.

although the DS2 does offer great anti AP, if you have a PSP or some other handheld that can emulate GBA at full speed, stick with that.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me the GBA emulation on the DS2 is good with the exception of button mapping.
dry.gif
GBA RPGs play great but action games can be a little laggy but not by much. I don't play many action games due to the button mapping
dry.gif
As far as the SNES emu, to it's great!!! and in my opinion better than the PSP's SNES emu. sure it has trouble with the special chip games but other than that it's your best bet for portable SNES.
gbasp.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
yes, there is a speed difference. not only in frames per second but in sound as well.
yeah, it's true the DS2 can emulate GBA, but it is only what most people call "acceptable." and the SNES emulation seems like even more of a proof of concept than a full, working emulator.
no games currently run at full speed.
disabling sound and forcing frameskip to manual and 1 provides you with a great speedup too, but at the cost of all your sound. and this doesn't work on all ROMs.

it basically goes unsaid that there are huge flaws with the DS2, a couple being that due to the bandwidth limit on the cartridge:ds gate, the CPU harms your FPS on retail DS ROMs.
and the GBA emulator, of which all the fuss is about (lol), is only acceptable to those who have no other means of GBA emulation, or don't mind playing laggy games.

although the DS2 does offer great anti AP, if you have a PSP or some other handheld that can emulate GBA at full speed, stick with that.

I agree PSP is better.

But have you tried CATSFC? Plays MANY SNES titles full speed. No glitches.

D

Deleted-236924

Schlupi said:
But have you tried CATSFC? Plays MANY SNES titles full speed. No glitches.
Super Mario All-Stars work better on BAGSFC than on CATSFC for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife