Gaming Is the DSi XL worth it?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
get the xl, i have a ds lite that i take with me when i go out and my dsi xl stays at home for the bathroom sessions
smile.gif
lol it's easy to put in your lap, the big stylus is a bonus and the speakers are much better than the dsi or lite speakers, my ds lite has to have external speakers to hear anything!

on top of that there are a lot of colours to choose for the xl including the LE red colour too so go for it, i have the wine red colour atm, the blue xl looks nice though.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
get the xl, i have a ds lite that i take with me when i go out and my dsi xl stays at home for the bathroom sessions
smile.gif
lol it's easy to put in your lap, the big stylus is a bonus and the speakers are much better than the dsi or lite speakers, my ds lite has to have external speakers to hear anything!

on top of that there are a lot of colours to choose for the xl including the LE red colour too so go for it, i have the wine red colour atm, the blue xl looks nice though.

Actually the speakers are the same. I've only used an XL once, though I have to agree they sound better.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
jalaneme said:
smile.gif

Actually the speakers are the same. I've only used an XL once, though I have to agree they sound better.

The speakers are the same as the DSi, but for some reason, the XL's just sound better. Probably because they're not coming out of little slits or something.. who knows, but they sound a lot better and go loud too. It's amazing.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
Also the buttons/dpad are better because when you click them, they click. And by better, I mean they're better than DS lites.
They're exactly the same as the DSi's buttons.
And make sure that you don't hit the shoulder buttons with too much pressure or drop the DSi XL on the shoulder button. My L button is dying already
cry.gif

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lulz.

tl;dr for all you bastards who can't pay attention: Yes, the DSi XL is worth it.

Also, I'm not sure if the DSi XL is the same material as the DSi, but I know on the DSi if you get a minor stain/scratch that just looks like a scratch but isn't really a scratch, you can just wet your finger and smooth it over.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Also the buttons/dpad are better because when you click them, they click. And by better, I mean they're better than DS lites.
They're exactly the same as the DSi's buttons.
And make sure that you don't hit the shoulder buttons with too much pressure or drop the DSi XL on the shoulder button. My L button is dying already
cry.gif

I didn't say they weren't, I said they're better than the DSL's buttons.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
Lulz.

tl;dr for all you bastards who can't pay attention: Yes, the DSi XL is worth it.

Also, I'm not sure if the DSi XL is the same material as the DSi, but I know on the DSi if you get a minor stain/scratch that just looks like a scratch but isn't really a scratch, you can just wet your finger and smooth it over.

Yeah that's the new material they used for the DSi, the dual color DS lites and the back of the DSi XL that does that. It's pretty neat right?

QUOTEIs any game known to make use of the 5" screen, i.e. DSi XL enhanced? Cause if there was, I might just get one, assuming it's a good game...

Don't think so, they use the same resolution to ensure compatibility across all the platforms.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
Is any game known to make use of the 5" screen, i.e. DSi XL enhanced? Cause if there was, I might just get one, assuming it's a good game...
You mean every game? I don't know any game that doesn't make use of the whole screen, except for maybe the GB emulators.

Oh, and somehow I managed to melt the color on one spot on my DSi XL, and the spot is pure black, which is unfitting as my XL is bronze.
I can attempt to take a pic if you want.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pyrmon24 said:
He meant that was designed to use a higher resolution so that it wouldn't look pixelated on the XL. I think.
Then he would be talking about pretty much any game with antialiasing (there's only a few of these that are 3D though).

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
pyrmon24 said:
He meant that was designed to use a higher resolution so that it wouldn't look pixelated on the XL. I think.
Then he would be talking about pretty much any game with antialiasing (there's only a few of these that are 3D though).

= Off to the shop to buy a DSiXL.

But then that would mean ShadowSoldier would steal my place as top poster [/loserwithnolife]

Nah but seriously, I might get one, but with 3DS around the corner...

And the worldwide release date (correct me if I'm wrong, but it's March?) is soooo close to my birthday...

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
bigllama99 said:
yuyuyup said:
fuck yeah it's worth it, dsi xl is bigger than god

BLASPHEMY
YES, BLASPHEMY!

Yes, get the XL. I'm SOOOO glad I didn't get a DSi when it came out, because that thing feels TINY now... Improvements: Stylus, Screens, Speakers, battery. Works well with the DSTWO. EET EEZ AWSUM!

To see the DSTWO on a DSiXL, look HERE (my semi-fail at my first review):

Have fun!

Merry Christmas,
Your Friendly Neighboorhood Egg

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RedBaron said:
When the 3DS comes out the price should drop on the DSi XL it might be worth waiting a bit longer to get one

You're wrong. It's worth to get one now, especially if he isn't strapped for cash, which he says he isn't. JOIN THE LIGHT SIDE OF THE FORCE!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI