Gaming Is the DS doomed?

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is concerned only in numerous consumers simply purchasing their product and most, if not all, first party franchises have already been produced in a game. Are there any unreleased DS games that the gaming community is committed or even interested in purchasing?

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Guitar Hero: On Tour
Kingdom hearts
metal slug 7
final fantasy 4
spore
dragon quest remakes
Trauma Centre 2

thats just off the top of my head

EDIT: "on tour" not "world tour"!

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jeronz said:
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Kingdom hearts
metal slug 7
final fantasy 4
spore
dragon quest remakes

Plus Disgaea and FFTA2. There's quite a few recent released where it's worth purchasing as well. World Ends With You, Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, and Summon Knights: Twin Ages. According to quite a few people of course. These are quite popular.
tongue.gif

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jeronz said:
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Kingdom hearts
metal slug 7
final fantasy 4
spore
dragon quest remakes
Trauma Centre 2

Guitar Hero: World Tour - Can you actually see people playing Guitar Hero on a DS IN PUBLIC?
Kingdom Hearts - Mabye.
Metal Slug 7 - Quality? V
Final Fantasy 4 - God, another one.
Spore - . . . .
Dragon Quest Remakes - Might actually be fun.
Trauma Center 2 - First one was too long.

QUOTE(Anakir @ Jun 10 2008, 08:50 PM) Plus Disgaea and FFTA2. There's quite a few recent released where it's worth purchasing as well. World Ends With You, Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword, and Summon Knights: Twin Ages. According to quite a few people of course. These are quite popular.
tongue.gif
Unreleased. WEWY is a must of course.

Actually, there is one game in particular that I'm awaiting the sequel, Luminous Arc 2?

S

ScuberSteve

They said they're interested in purchasing.
Not your opinion on why they shouldn't.

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?
I'm willing to give any game a chance. But, if you're gonna buy one game, it better be:
1. Something Quality
2. Something Fun
3. Something that's either long or has great replay value.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Guitar Hero: World Tour - Can you actually see people playing Guitar Hero on a DS IN PUBLIC?
yeah, but they wouldn't be spazzing out like those people in the commercials do
you can sit and play it you know
and who cares about public?
i can rock out at my hizouseee

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
MystikEkoez said:
yeah, but they wouldn't be spazzing out like those people in the commercials do
you can sit and play it you know
and who cares about public?
i can rock out at my hizouseee
I love GH3.
biggrin.gif

Kusan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If they bring Soma Bringer (sounds like a joke huh? Bring...bringer), i'll surely buy it, that game is amazing.

The new Castlevania, Trauma Center 2, FF IV (gonna download and try first), there's a FPS Metroid-like called C.O.R.E. that looks like a pretty amazing game...(the date is still in TBA though..)

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
MystikEkoez said:
?
I'm willing to give any game a chance. But, if you're gonna buy one game, it better be:
1. Something Quality
2. Something Fun

I think most if not all the games I mentioned fulfill your criteria. For me an important 4th criteria is that its released here (NZ) at the same time as the US, but of course thats not gonna happen, and now NZ has no nintendo distributor.

Suspicion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
?
1. Something Quality
2. Something Fun

What you're saying has nothing to do with the question you asked. You're asking for games the GAMING COMMUNITY (not you) are interested in purchasing, and they gave you a nice list. If you think that the game isn't high quality/fun/long then that's fine, but it's irrelivent because the gaming community (not you) are interested in purchasing it.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Dragon Quest IX - the best selling series on Japan coming to the best selling system.. Japan will implode when it's released
tongue.gif

Sonic Chronicles - A Sonic RPG being made by BioWare.. the videos are looking really good
smile.gif

Anyway, Reggie said recently that Nintendo is going to show their big guns for the second half of 2008 at E3.. I'm sure they still have a lot of good stuff to give us.

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suspicion said:
MystikEkoez said:
?
1. Something Quality
2. Something Fun

What you're saying has nothing to do with the question you asked. You're asking for games the GAMING COMMUNITY (not you) are interested in purchasing, and they gave you a nice list. If you think that the game isn't high quality/fun/long then that's fine, but it's irrelivent because the gaming community (not you) are interested in purchasing it.
I'm definitely sure I'm a human being, and thus part of the gaming community. Besides, regardless of the qualities that I would love to see in all games, people will tend to purchase games that others have have purchased and played themselves. Who are you to say what other people are interested in purchasing? If I'm not the gaming community, who is? You?

ShinHakkai

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, DS is totally doomed... Hail PSP!!!! Such great games as... as... FFT? Tekken 5 DR? Hell, remakes and ports... Yes, DS is SO doomed...

BTW, dude, do you realize that the games you dismissed... Well, people like it? Like, you're not everybody. You don't wanna play FFIV? Shame, but I want. And tell you what, a hell lotta people agree with me. I ain't flaming you or something, but that's your opinion (DS is doomed) and I totally disagree.

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually love Final Fantasy games. But after Ring of Fates, it really disappointed me that the series isn't living up to it's potential. I mean think about it, you love PSP right? Crisis Core? It's great right? Final Fantasy I & II Remakes? Not so much.

Suspicion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
I'm definitely sure I'm a human being, and thus part of the gaming community. Besides, regardless of the qualities that I would love to see in all games, people will tend to purchase games that others have have purchased and played themselves. Who are you to say what other people are interested in purchasing? If I'm not the gaming community, who is? You?

By virtue of you being a GH fan and actually claiming Guitar Hero: On Tour isn't going to sell, I'm going to say you're about as far removed from the gaming community as can be while still posting on this forum. You're just being a pessimist here if you literally think that these games here won't make a shit load of profit just as their predecessors do. The DS still continues to sell like mad and people still continue to discuss upcoming releases like mad. You finding and blowing up a single flaw doesn't mean the game won't sell.

No single person is the gaming community, that's what I'm trying to say to you. Your innability to want to buy games because of a single flaw in them doesn't mean we all are, and, of course, my desire to buy games even if they are flawed doesn't mean we all are, the difference is my opinion is backed up by everybody else, as you can see if you do a simple search of any forum where they discuss DS games. Or even just within this thread.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are simply not interested in any of the new games, just get rid of your DS. I, for one, would gladly take it off your hands. There are a ton of blockbuster titles I've been waiting for and even more that haven't even been announced yet. The DS is alive and kicking.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
Just because you don't like the new games coming out, does not mean the masses do not like them aswell.

I know for a fact that DQ IX coming to the DS will sell shed loads.
I for one, know the DS is not doomed, look how well it's doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P