Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, it really isn't even close.

It's graphical potiencials have been recently unleashed (Ninja Gaiden DS), and the amount of good games is a sign that it's still alive in the gaming world.

There's still a lot of games coming out, and some are still great. There are some games I want that are coming out in the future, such as

- Luminous Arc 2 (I've played the JP one. Greatly improved gameplay, better music, able to use D-pad during battles, skip cutscenes, etc. Lots of improvements, and the stylus controling is perfected, so no more frustration. )
- Guitar hero on tour (Shudders*... That commercial was pretty terrible.)
- Trama centre 2 (Loved the first one, but too hard for its own good. I STILL can't beat it... But it's still very fun.)
- Sonic Chronicles ( BIOWARE!!!!)
- Metal slug 7 (I've never missed any Metal slug games. I've played them all! Except the 6th....)
- Etrian Odessey 2 (First one is very challenging, which makes a game satisfying. Or at least for me, anyway.)
- ASH (Well, it was rated on the ESRB. And coming from them, they're never wrong.)
- FF4 (I like the 3rd, but requires too much grinding, etc)
- Dragon quest games (Never played Dragon quest, so I'll give it a shot when it comes out.)
- The other three games from Enix. One was a Mystery thriller, and the RPG, and the action thriller.

And the list goes on...

As you can see, there's still a good amount of games coming out for the DS. I'd say it may be doomed in 09, but as of now, not even close.

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
MystikEkoez said:
I actually love Final Fantasy games. But after Ring of Fates, it really disappointed me that the series isn't living up to it's potential. I mean think about it, you love PSP right? Crisis Core? It's great right? Final Fantasy I & II Remakes? Not so much.

I loved Ring of Fates and I think most people did. High replayability, very good multiplayer and was really fun with only a couple flaws. I think he was being sarcastic about loving PSP? because if anything PSP is the doomed one (although I don't think either of them are) - it has far fewer quality games coming out in the future compared to DS.

QUOTE(ojsinnerz @ Jun 11 2008, 01:50 PM) Personally, it really isn't even close.

It's graphical potiencials have been recently unleashed (Ninja Gaiden DS), and the amount of good games is a sign that it's still alive in the gaming world.

Theres actually more potential. I saw a game on DS fanboy thats coming out (forgot the name. its a horror game) where its 3D on both screens!! (people always said the DS can only do 3d on one screen)

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Nintendo is concerned only in numerous consumers simply purchasing their product and most, if not all, first party franchises have already been produced in a game. Are there any unreleased DS games that the gaming community is committed or even interested in purchasing?

Of course it's doomed, all systems are doomed. It's just "when" that's the question.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
I actually love Final Fantasy games. But after Ring of Fates, it really disappointed me that the series isn't living up to it's potential. I mean think about it, you love PSP right? Crisis Core? It's great right? Final Fantasy I & II Remakes? Not so much.

I agree with you on Ring of Fates it was pretty trashy because a lot of things they did were really stupid like magic. But what I don't get is you are thinking the DS is doomed because of this game. I mean imho the first even good game in the Crystal Chronicles series is the simulation one from Wiiware. You definitely couldn't say the one for GC was that good it was too expensive to play multiplayer 4 players you needed a GC, the game, 4 GBAs, 4 GBA-GC connecting wires. I dont even see how you are comparing Ring of Fates to any of the Final Fantasy games you mentioned.

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, for one thing, you guys are totally flaming me. I guess with all these misinterpretations, it's easy for that to happen, but just to clarify...

First, I KNOW I'm not the gaming community. A community is only the many people that belong to it, right? I was simply giving my opinion. That's what it is. An OPINION.

Second, I never said these games aren't going to sell! But, that doesn't mean they'll hit VGChartz anytime soon, so can it really be the "gaming community"?

Third, yes, I have a love of Guitar Hero, however 50% of you don't even purchase your games, so you have no right to mention ANYTHING about who is interested or isn't. How do you intend on playing Guitar Hero without the buttons? Plus, you all know the Ad campaigns are a real turnoff.

Fourth, I never said the DS was doomed, I was asking everyone's opinion if it was doomed or not and if any upcoming games are interesting to anyone. The DS is one of the best selling systems in the world right under the PS2, of course it isn't going to be doomed anytime soon, but from a hard-core gamer's perspective, all the first-party titles are already sold.

ojsinnerz is one of the only posters who did what this topic was intended for. His post was concise and simple. I applaud his mature attitude towards the subject. All you fanboys won't quit whining when a tad of criticism is tossed around. And you call yourself the gaming community when plenty of other people truly bash gaming altogether? That's a shame.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well your first post was very pessimistic... so of course you are swaying more toward the opinion of the DS being doomed.

Theres no way you are unbias and are simply asking people if the DS is doomed or not.

You have a bigger bias toward the DS being doomed than not being doomed.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its also not very nice to make a post where you understand that "people are misunderstanding your initial post and its easy for that to happen" yet you are calling everyone fanboys and ridiculing people.

You are telling everyone "you are simply giving your opinion", but don't get mad at people when they give their own opinion! It goes both ways!

capeeessshh?

The DS seems far from doomed, as June 08 is looking to be one of the best months the DS has ever seen!

MystikEkoez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you TALKING about? I love my DS and I would never sell it or give it away.
I don't care about people giving their opinion on the subject, but when they're flaming me, that's a different story.

It's like:
"Lol pokemon is gay"
"No ur gay pokemon rulz"
Instead of simply stating that you are pro for the subject, you have instead combined it with a flame, which I don't think is appropriate.

Suspicion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Okay, for one thing, you guys are totally flaming me. I guess with all these misinterpretations, it's easy for that to happen, but just to clarify...
If you got your feelings hurt, okay, but I totally haven't been flaming you, nor has anybody else in this thread, we've just been shutting you down. I don't think I've insulted you at all unless you count "far away from the gaming community as possible while still posting on this forum."

MystikEkoez said:
Third, yes, I have a love of Guitar Hero, however 50% of you don't even purchase your games, so you have no right to mention ANYTHING about who is interested or isn't. How do you intend on playing Guitar Hero without the buttons? Plus, you all know the Ad campaigns are a real turnoff.
That's silly, just because we don't purchase our games doesn't mean we have no idea about who is interested in purchasing them. You don't have to be a consumer in order to know the market.

QUOTE(MystikEkoez @ Jun 11 2008, 01:33 PM)
Fourth, I never said the DS was doomed, I was asking everyone's opinion if it was doomed or not and if any upcoming games are interesting to anyone. The DS is one of the best selling systems in the world right under the PS2, of course it isn't going to be doomed anytime soon, but from a hard-core gamer's perspective, all the first-party titles are already sold.

I don't have any idea what you mean by this. Yes, all the first party titles that Nintendo releases are sold (behind us and in the future) the second they're released. They're like guaranteed cash. This is only a good thing for the DS and it means it will be around for longer, no?

As for the missunderstanding: It sounds like, without a doubt, you are arguing for the side that the DS is doomed/dying. I am arguing against that. If you call that flaming you, then lol and keep on trucking, buddy.

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:

ojsinnerz is one of the only posters who did what this topic was intended for. His post was concise and simple. I applaud his mature attitude towards the subject. All you fanboys won't quit whining when a tad of criticism is tossed around. And you call yourself the gaming community when plenty of other people truly bash gaming altogether? That's a shame.

-Most of the people that have posted have given titles that they think will sell. There are many, so its clear that the DS isn't doomed from that point. How is pointing this out flaming?

-The DS has more sales than the lifetime sales of PS2 (surpassed it a couple weeks ago)

-I also missed the update that harcore gamers only play first-party titles.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MystikEkoez said:
Second, I never said these games aren't going to sell! But, that doesn't mean they'll hit VGChartz anytime soon, so can it really be the "gaming community"?

second: You make it sound as if every great game sells a lot.

third: actually i know a lot of people who purchase games after downloading to support the developers of games they liked and you really can't tell anybody they can't talk since you asked everybody here. if you think about it you asking this question then telling most people here they can't voice their opinion isn't that flaming too?

fourth: wait you know it isn't going to be doomed anytime soon yet you make this thread asking if it will? umm does that even make sense? if you wanted to ask people about good upcoming games there are other posts about that?

QUOTE(jeronz @ Jun 11 2008, 12:35 AM) -The DS has more sales than the lifetime sales of PS2 (surpassed it a couple weeks ago)

can you send me a link of where you saw that i would appreciate it

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no seriously guys. dont flame the OP for questioning. gosh, why you guys gotta make things so big? i mean, like analyzing their freaking opinions and thoughts?

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jeronz said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
jeronz said:
-The DS has more sales than the lifetime sales of PS2 (surpassed it a couple weeks ago)

can you send me a link of where you saw that i would appreciate it

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/12/28/ds-over...sales-in-japan/ My bad it was five months ago not a couple weeks ago! And I appear to have misread it, its just in Japan.

Oh well thanks hopefully it will happen soon
tongue.gif
I hate Sony

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Lol is this thread even meant to be serious? Gawd you're such a pessimist if it is
happy.gif
Maybe you should just sell it if you don't find the future good enough for you
smile.gif

I mean June alone is a great month to be a DS-player!
yaynds.gif

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think that what I'm going to say has already obviously been established, but I'll say it anyway. The DS is obviously not going to fail, an I'll tell you why. It's not because of the great amount of good games coming out (although this is obviously a factor) it's that Nintendo simply will NOT let the DS die. Nintendo are smart. Retarded when it comes to releasing games, but smart. They won't let the DS stagnate. Sure, they'll churn out hundreds of mediocore games for the masses. But lets face it, the people like us, reading forums and posting, AREN'T the masses. And we know better than to buy shovelware, and to wait fifteen months exaggeration for every game. We know that Nintendo loves us like the red-headed stepchild. But they still throw us a bone every now and then. Which is more than I can say for Sony and their PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: