Hacking Is someone working on a USB downgrader, or at least a solderless NAND Flasher?

Green

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there, it's been a long time that I've peered into the world of homebrew because of previous engagements to my academic portion of life. I now feel it is time to invest into some well-deserved gaming.

I've been browsing multiple forums recently, and have found that there is a heavy reliance on hardware flashing. I remember when I first cracked my NAND PS3 CHECHA-01 phat with my calculator, and now it seems things have taken a turn for the worst.

All these solderless hardware flashers for the nor chips, but none for the NAND. E3 has promised a solderless flasher for the NAND series for what seems like a year and a half, and is actually a year and a half.

Does anyone have any info on an upcoming USB downgrader? I purchased Arkham City in 2011, and was forced to upgrade my PS3 phat from 3.55 (a firmware I had since high school, and not touched because of the hype of hombrew) to 4.01.

I don't feel so cheery because of this, could I just get a 3k3y and wait it out?

Is there hope for a solderless nand flasher?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is none. Pay someone else to downgrade your console for you.

If you want to go for ODE route I suggest picking up Cobra ODE. I used to recommend 3k3y until its support "vanished". Now 3k3y has problems with 4.55 OFW, with Sony began crackdown on ODE.

Reactions: Green

Green

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If you want to go for ODE route I suggest picking up Cobra ODE. I used to recommend 3k3y until its support "vanished". Now 3k3y has problems with 4.55 OFW, with Sony began crackdown on ODE.

You're right, it would be better to invest in a Cobra ODE, as it works with 4.55 according to some users. At the moment, I also have a 3k Slim, and I could use it to connect to net, while I use the Cobra with the PS3 Phat to prevent its laser death. I'm giving our homebrew crew another couple of years to see what they can manage.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Shame, cause the Xkey on the 360 is the best ODDE out there.
Well, TX made one which replaces the entire DVD drive, but it's a little late in the consoles lifespan + little late to the whole ODDE party.

Reactions: Green

Green

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shame, cause the Xkey on the 360 is the best ODDE out there.
Well, TX made one which replaces the entire DVD drive, but it's a little late in the consoles lifespan + little late to the whole ODDE party.

Actually, I needed to replace my DVD drive for the 360, this is amazing!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It'll still need extraction of your DVD key, otherwise it won't work.
But the advantage is that you can plonk a HDD internally, both 3.5 and 2.5 inch work perfectly.
Maximum size of it is 2TB tho.

Green

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It'll still need extraction of your DVD key, otherwise it won't work.
But the advantage is that you can plonk a HDD internally, both 3.5 and 2.5 inch work perfectly.
Maximum size of it is 2TB tho.

And now my hopes have sank. Guess I'll have to look into this 'reset glitch' technique, and find a way to make offline 360 useful again.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is the board of your DVD drive still in a working order?
IE, the board itself being unharmed?

Otherwise, yeh, the RGH is your only method of extracting the DVD key.
Unless you fancy SMD de/resoldering..
Whilst you're at RGHing, best is to just keep it there if you want to enjoy access to XBLA/XBLindie/Homebrew/Xbox1 and 360 games on the internal drive ;p

Green

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it did smoke and burn, and there is a little bit of black on the PCB. I don't think it's working, I may look into it soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol