Hacking Is RGH worth it?

MadHouse38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have Lt 3.0 and im tired of getting cds and i want to do RGH.

The guy that does it,wants 40eu ($50) for it,and he will do it in 24h.

So i need to bring him my console,and tomorrow it will be done.

So when its done,i just download games via torrent and put them on my xbox hard drive,right? How do i transfer it?
And is the price okay for rgh?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that's an ok price for an RGH install, transfer is done by usb stick using xexmenu or FTP using flashfxp or filzilla. just remember you cannot go on XBOXLIVE never again as you will get banned within minutes.

you always have the other option of buying an OODE emulator, where you can still run the games off the HDD but cannot run the DLC / XBLA games. but this is more expensive than the RGH install..........................sudeki300

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd say go for it.
You'll lose XBLive for sure but you'll gain the ability to execute XBLA/DLC/XBLIndie/Xbox 1 and 360 games from the internal drive.

If you really want to have Live, get an Xkey like sudeki said.

MadHouse38

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your comments,i gave my xbox to install RGH today.

Oh and dont worry,my console was already banned from live so i have nothing to lose.

Cheers!

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
so just to clarify here iv been wondering how to do this....
so i can download any xbox game to my pc , then put the iso on to a usb and copy it to the xb hd and it will play?
i dont need to convert or patch the iso or anything? just copy the iso file from usb to hd?

im getting my xb rghed very soon by bl4kely

and what about game cds and backup discs can i rip them to the hd?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need to extract the ISO image with either Xbox Image browser (if you chose to use the xex extract version) or with ISO2GOD.
Then you can copy it to the HDD and play it.
I suggest reading me tut on installing FSD, it makes things a lot easier ;]

Yes, if blakey flashes your drive, you're able to rip your discs to the HDD.
If he leaves it stock, then you can only rip retail copies of games to the HDD.

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks DS
can i ask what programe is used these days to patch back up disks? when i used to do it a few yr ago i used a programe called ppf-o-matic and it worked perfectly with every game

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
nice one DS
i just downloaded abgx and patched a game using your tut but i cant test it until i get my xbox back

hope it works thanks a bunch

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aye aye.
If everything shows up green (don't look at the yellow SplitVid message) then it should boot without any problem.
Remember to burn XGD3 with special hacked iHAS burners or burners compatible with the Burner Max Payload tool.

stickybit

Trophies
XP
Country
ds i have bought a 250 gb laptop hd and a 360 slim enclosure case and the 360 will not find the hd i have tried to format in fat32 and it still doesnt see it
once i have my 360 hacked and flashed will i be able to use this hd?
otherwise its no use to me i assumed i could just put in any 2.5"hd and it would work
its a 250gb hitachi hd 5400rpm

when i plug it in via usb it sees it and formats it etc but only to 32gb and even after this it still wont work when i put it inside the xbox

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order for a stock machine to recognize a laptop HDD, you will need to use a WD drive and a program called HDDhackr to flash the firmware.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes.
However you'll need an SD based dumper (TX SD R/W kit should suffice) and possibly a POST fix kit (POST fix is only a few quid)
Other then that, the RGH process is exactly the same ;]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: