Is removing duinside LCD doable?

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by WooHyun, Jun 11, 2017.

1. WooHyun
    OP

WooHyun GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2015
    Edit) Title was supposed to be "dirt inside"...... my bad.
    I've got a PSP with some kind of a dirt(too large to be called a dust, bigger than a pixel) in the screen. And I've seen online tutorials to remove front plate and clean the screen, but I wonder if it's really something anyone can do. If it is, I would like to remove it... Have anyone here done this job? How much skill do you need to do this?

Last edited by WooHyun, Jun 11, 2017
  2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Yes, just open up the PSP, following along with a Youtube tutorial, and you'll be fine. Canned air preferred.

WooHyun likes this.
  3. WooHyun
    OP

WooHyun GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2015
    Is it recommended to buy one if I don't have one now? I 've a glasses cloth and thought of cleaning with it...

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    That will work too, I just prefer the quick and easy solution to avoid keeping the system open for very long, exposing it to more dust.

WooHyun likes this.
  5. WooHyun
    OP

WooHyun GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2015
    Thank you. I will try the cloth first. If it doesn't end well, then I can get the air.

EDIT) I did it and it went just as you said. Successfully removed the dirt, with dusts getting in the screen. And the new dusts are not really noticeable, especially when compared to the dirt now gone, so I'd say: PERFECT!!
    I was really afraid of this because I once broke my GBA flashcart trying to re-solder the battery, but glad I succeeded this one without breaking my PSP. Now, time to play Birth by Sleep on clean screen!
    Thank you for your tips. If dusts ever become a problem, I'll get te air and do as you said!

Last edited by WooHyun, Jun 11, 2017
    Jayro likes this.