Is r4depot.com a scam site?

JacerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I posted the first thread in an unintended section. I am just curious if that place is a scam or not.

Food

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ordered a gateway from them before they remodeled the site no problems shipped fast

JacerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you want? realhotstuff.com is far superior to any other site, or eachmall.me for a little less expensive.

I ordered an R4 3DS from them and they aren't replying to emails. It's just says processing for the past day or so. I wanted to know if I was scammed lol

JacerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ordered a gateway from them before they remodeled the site no problems shipped fast

I would be better assured if my emails were answered D:

.com or .hk? Also, I was experiencing the same thing but my order came anyways.

.com, I needed to add something onto my address so I contacted them about it since it was still in processing. I really do hope they email back.

JacerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome. Another note- the sticker on the parcel said it was just a micro sd reader, but they sent the whole dstwo. It must have been a mistake, but I just thought I'd point it out. Other than that I will order from there again.

Good to know, thanks! So it says on their website that they have tracking numbers for shipments...do you know if those are usps or ups? I think I may need to contact one of them to get something added onto my address if they aren't able to reply in time :[

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a time frame on these guys, I ordered my Gateway from them on Dec 9. They shipped on Dec 16, and it arrived on Dec 20. So they're not super fast, but it's not as slow as ordering from China either.
The biggest 'beware' I have is that this past Sunday, my bank froze my CC because of unauthorized charges. I'm not saying it was these guys, although it's not the first time they've been accused of this. Everything else I bought over the holidays was done through paypal, so unless someone cloned my card at the grocery store, I have no idea who else it could've been. Fortunately, my bank caught it before whoever stole the number did any damage, but still, it is troubling.

P.S. They shipped to me using USPS.

JacerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a time frame on these guys, I ordered my Gateway from them on Dec 9. They shipped on Dec 16, and it arrived on Dec 20. So they're not super fast, but it's not as slow as ordering from China either.
The biggest 'beware' I have is that this past Sunday, my bank froze my CC because of unauthorized charges. I'm not saying it was these guys, although it's not the first time they've been accused of this. Everything else I bought over the holidays was done through paypal, so unless someone cloned my card at the grocery store, I have no idea who else it could've been. Fortunately, my bank caught it before whoever stole the number did any damage, but still, it is troubling.

P.S. They shipped to me using USPS.

Oh wow, thanks for that! I used a debit card and I always check it daily.

Ozema

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
i ordered my gateway from there, no problems, legit gateway cards, however i did have one bad experience with them, they didn't have stock in the US warehouse, they sent it from HongKong without my letting me know, i still received my item in perfect condition.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome. Another note- the sticker on the parcel said it was just a micro sd reader, but they sent the whole dstwo. It must have been a mistake, but I just thought I'd point it out. Other than that I will order from there again.

It wasn't a mistake, they're trying to fool customs or postal inspectors or something like that.

Reactions: Kelton2

JacerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my card today!! But I am having trouble getting it to work...does this thing work with a 2DS?

JacerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, the card works with the 2ds if it launches at all. Format your microsd.

Hmm, I have formatted it 3 times already. Could they have sent me a bad microsd card? Or maybe it's that external reader...it did fail the first time I tried a format :o

Dualsouls

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my r4i gold and sky3ds plus on 1-1-16, when it was in stock I was supposed to get it 1-26-16 but they messed up my address and the post office sent it back. R4depot said they would resend it when they got it back. I asked for a refund instead because it would have taken another 3 weeks to get it from them. Every couple of weeks I would send them an email asking them if they received the package and they still haven't sent me a reply. It is now 3-17-16 and still no package, refund or reply. Don't buy from them!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol