Hacking Is QCMA development dead?

ma16v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ask because it looks like it has been years since the last update to the program, it does not support network connections on non-current firmware(unless someone wants to explain to me in detail how they got it to work), only ever got USB connections to work, which precludes connecting my PSTV, and even then only after going into flight mode, and it does not detect playlist files of any kind. Not to mention it incorrectly displays file names in music and videos whereas CMA was able to properly display the file names(and playlists as well).

It seems like QCMA should be able to behave as official CMA does, just without the need for current firmware. My guess is some(not all) of the issues come from old CMA protocols that it uses. I'd really like to get a backup of my PSTV, but I cannot because QCMA will not allow me to connect over network. MY understanding is that update blocker is no longer usable, either.

THEN00P

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For me it workt after i rebooted my vita directly switched off wifi, turned on airplane mode and opened content manager before anything else.
Also Offline mode needs to be enabled in qcma settings.

Last edited by THEN00P,

ma16v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it workt after i rebooted my vita directly switched off wifi, turned on airplane mode and opened content manager before anything else.

I get that, but it doesn't help me with my PSTV, and I still have not found anything that addresses my other issues.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QMCA not the same as opencma? any difference

No, OpenCMA is just a patch that you apply to the official CMA so it can be used offline, since the official CMA is online only and looks for updates in order to force people to update.

QCMA is a non official app build from the ground up by other people.

I always had trouble getting OCMA to work properly, QCMA works %100 of the time and people having issues are people usually having something miss-configured, QCMA is king for me ;)

Last edited by Tony_93,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, OpenCMA is just a patch that you apply to the official CMA so it can be used offline, since the official CMA is online only and looks for updates in order to force people to update.

I always had trouble reying to use OCMA, QCMA is king for me ;)
this also has the name OpenCMA: https://github.com/yifanlu/VitaMTP (it looks pretty old though)

ma16v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I always had trouble getting OCMA to work properly, QCMA works %100 of the time and people having issues are people usually having something miss-configured, QCMA is king for me ;)

So you have wifi access via QCMA, all file names display accurately and playlists show up as something you can copy? There really isn't much to configure with QCMA. I have offline mode checked, everything else unchecked, CMA protocol as the FW 3.30 - 1900010(more recent revisions do not exist).

It would be nice if a newer version of QCMA came up. I may try OpenCMA again.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you have wifi access via QCMA, all file names display accurately and playlists show up as something you can copy? There really isn't much to configure with QCMA. I have offline mode checked, everything else unchecked, CMA protocol as the FW 3.30 - 1900010(more recent revisions do not exist).

It would be nice if a newer version of QCMA came up. I may try OpenCMA again.

Wifi works just fine for me and I have the same 3.30 version, just make sure you are using VitaUpdateBlocker too and it should work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As for playlists, I couldnt tell anymore, it's been a long time since I deleted them but when I had them all the names were alright.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country

qcma 0.3.12 comes with openqcma pre-installed, otherwise the option "offline mode" would not have a check mark and the option would not work when you plug in a vita.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.