Hacking Is Pokémon X/Y compatible with a Pokébank from another region?

Blueie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have an American 3DS, so I can only download the US Pokémon Bank. But I can't find any US dumps of Pokémon XY, so I'm playing the European versions. So does anyone know if it's possible to use the American Pokébank app with these versions?

PanCyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Pokemon Bank with any legit Pokemon cartridge from any region.

You cannot use Pokemon bank with cartridge dumps.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Pokemon Bank with any legit Pokemon cartridge from any region.

You cannot use Pokemon bank with cartridge dumps.

Are you sure? It seemed to work when I had my 3DS in Gateway mode. I just to make sure the ROM was "selected", e.g. that it showed as being inserted in the cartridge slot.

But to answer OP's question - yes, it works with all regions. The romFS is identical everywhere, it's just the update bit that makes the game not truly region free.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
People confirmed pokebank worked with the newest GW update

I believe the reason pokebank didn't work before was because you couldn't access the app on 7.0 emunand, it had nothing to do with the dump/rom itself

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People confirmed pokebank worked with the newest GW update

I believe the reason pokebank didn't work before was because you couldn't access the app on 7.0 emunand, it had nothing to do with the dump/rom itself

Makes sense to me.
I tried it using 8.1 emuNAND on Gateway 2.3.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already have a Pokemon Bank subscription on my retail 3DS. Is there any way for me to use that? Or do I have to buy another subscription in order to use it on my Gateway?
I don't think there's any way to do that. You'll probably just have to buy another subscription if you want to use it there too.

excalibrax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do a transfer from a non gateway to a gateway device providing that you are running the same Version number in non gateway device and gateway device emunand, and they both must be the current version. Thus transfering the pokebank subscription.

Now the only downside is times when nintendo updates, and gateway is behind on versions like it was for 7 for a while, this cannot be done, and you will lose online store access and access to updates on games. So there are future drawbacks.

Here is a guide on the forums. http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-t...ginal-3ds-to-gateway-3ds.371282/#post-5097922

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1