Hacking Is my Wiikey messed up?

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I installed a Wiikey with 1.9s on it. I used the 1.9s config disc from the Wiikey site (Which says 1.4 config when I load it???) to try and make changes such as 3x instead of 6x, Dev Mode & Update BLocker ON. But it doesn't save any of my settings ever. Also, some games have weird issues, such as Mario Galaxy, Okami, Trauma Center New Blood, or Smash Brothers (DVD5 version). Some of the games will load part of the way, and then when they should be going to the main menu (I assume) it says "Game Disc Cannot Be Read" AFTER its already loaded and read part of the disc!! Do I need to re-solder it? Other games work pefectly, such as No More Heroes, Mario Kart Wii, RE4, and WarioWare, to name a few.

So in short, is something wrong or did I get bad dumps? My blank DVD media is crappy Memorex that I bought for $7, I'm thinking they have something to do with it, but then again, the games I listed that work fine are also on the same DVDs as the ones that'd don't work or work partially. I'm buying some Verbatim single layers to re-burn my images to, see if that's the problem.

Any ideas? Why won't my config stuff save? Why does the Wii load part of the game and THEN tell me it can't read the disc?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like it's a media issue.

The wii can read some parts of the disc but not others.... errors just about always occour towards the outer edge of the disc - where the bitrate is max for each revolution.

Try different media - update the firmware on your burner, try a different burner.

Are you sure the settings aren't saving? I think if you load up the settings disc again - it will show defaults, regardless of what settings your wiikey has.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
The wiikey setting DO save, but the way the chip works, it isnt readable, only writable. Something like that. I used to have one

Go in the config, set the setting you want, then leave it at that. Next time you go in to change them they will all be default again. That's because it doesnt read what the old setting were just writes new settings. So just trust that your settings were changed.

I didn't read all of the original post but this is what I know to be true from having one

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Volkov said:
The wiikey setting DO save, but the way the chip works, it isnt readable, only writable. Something like that. I used to have one

Go in the config, set the setting you want, then leave it at that. Next time you go in to change them they will all be default again. That's because it doesnt read what the old setting were just writes new settings. So just trust that your settings were changed.

I didn't read all of the original post but this is what I know to be true from having one

Ok, thanks a lot! I'm glad that's how it is, then, and not a problem with the install. You say you used to have one? Why don't you now?

QUOTE(SenorClean @ Jul 30 2008, 10:39 PM) Try different media - update the firmware on your burner, try a different burner.

Well, my 360 backups work just fine, on DL Verbatim discs, so I'm assuming it IS media related, and not burner related. I have the current firmware my burner supports, there's no hacked firmware for this Lite-On. Again, I'm pretty sure its this horrible media. I had no idea until I found out about media ID and stuff like that, this is bottom of the barrel quality dye. Trying a different burner is out of the question, financially. I'm getting about a 17% quality rating when I scan for PI errors in dvdinfopro on these memorex.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually gave my wii away when I got a newer one, and I got a different kind of chip in it. Also my friend can flash chips so if I ever needed one it would be free, but I don;t have wiikey anymore. But it was a very solid chip. Just have to get around the pain in the ass software, update it all the way and set the settings you want...

hope you get it working

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turns out it WAS the shitty media I was using. Now the question is, do I just copy the shitty media DVDs that worked, or re-aquire the images again and burn them new to these Panasonics?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1