Hacking IS my wii screwd? or the cIOS that i have before?? HELP PLEASE

andresilva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
OMG , im so pissed of with my brother. I really am.

I was playing the New Super Mario Brothers trough my hard drive, at the homebrew channel via usb loader...
The games were running fine ...

I have a Wii Pal, with wiikey, wich i dont want to use it anymore... except for wii music or something like that
BUT , before , i have a old PAL version of Wii Music on my desktop, and that disc , still gots the update ...
AND THAT ***Hole just did the Update... My wii before was at 3.2E and now is 3.3E ...

But it didnt get system files error or anything,,, but my question is, is my wii screwd? or bricked ? or is my version of cIOS that i gotten before has changed? Can i still play fine those new games?

Please help me... or how to downgrade or something please?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
euhhh? is anything broken at all? why would this be a problem? most people are on 4.1 now I recon
tongue.gif

Your wii will not brick if you run an update from the same region as yours. And sounds like everything works as before, yes?
only 4.2 is a problem, as that can remove existing hacks etc (read up if you wish to get to 4.2 anyway, it is possible safely)

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
haha dont worry about it.

if your wii is PAL and you updated with a PAL disc then there's nothing to worry about.

if you've lost any homebrew ability or copied game running abilitiies then they can be fixed in a matter of minutes on FW 3.3 haha in fact, i think firmware 3.3 is on of the old firmwares that contains the trucha bug still (unless it's FW 3.3 v2, then you'll have to get trucha back somehow
smile.gif
)

but yeah, nothing to worry about. A brick is something that makes your wii stop working, like, you'll turn it on and nothing will happen at all, or you'll get system error message and all sortsa crap. if you're wii is working after the update then you havent bricked lol

EDIT: also, if you mean your cIOS249 then no, it'll still be there
wink.gif
but all other system IOS will have been updated, example any of the old cIOSCORP files you installed. but since you have a modchip thats not an issue for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.