Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey all.
Got a Wii on 4.1U modded with Modmii or NUSA or whatever it's called now
tongue.gif

Anyway I was looking through the homebrew browser and found this thing called Wii MC that plays DVD's. I got it, it looks great but when I put the DVD in, it plays horribly with extreme lagging as well as choppy audio and drilling sounds. I tried putting frame drop to auto but that didn't help at all. I thought maybe I'll try getting MPlayer CE instead of Wii MC and well I put the DVD in, I select "Open..." in MPlayer. I then clicked on DVD, then play DVD ( or something like that you get the point. ) Anyway it then says it's mounting on the top left corner then the text goes and my Wii doesn't respond to any button I click, also meaning a freeze I guess. Tried it with different DVD's and movies but still it doesnt work. I'm guessing my Wii is missing some kind of IOS or something. Please help me
smile.gif
thanks.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
No, it's a problem with the app or movie itself, it has nothing to do with IOS. It's known that DVD movie play could generate some lag and freezing problems.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
OriginalHamster said:
No, it's a problem with the app or movie itself, it has nothing to do with IOS. It's known that DVD movie play could generate some lag and freezing problems.

So, is there no solution?
I'll never be able to play DVD movies on it or something?
Sorry super Wii nub here
tongue.gif

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wouldn't recommend playing DVD movies on the Wii. It's pretty crappy at doing that. If you have a USB drive, try ripping the DVD movie into an AVI file or something and playing from that, maybe?

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
daxtsu said:
I wouldn't recommend playing DVD movies on the Wii. It's pretty crappy at doing that. If you have a USB drive, try ripping the DVD movie into an AVI file or something and playing from that, maybe?

I would do that with pirated movies, but I have most of mine on discs.
Don't want to have to rip each one =/
I remember before I formatted my Wii, I had MPlayer CE and it played DVD's like a charm.
After I formatted it, it doesn't really work o_o
But thanks for your help anyway.

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
do you have the latest homebrew channel installed along with IOS58?
I'm kind of in the same situation.. When I saw that the Homebrew channel was using ios37, I tried to install ios58 with the ios58 installer. But the Homebrew channel says it's still using ios37. Why? =( I want to use USB 2.0. Thanks in advance!

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cubed said:
xzxero said:
I'm kind of in the same situation.. When I saw that the Homebrew channel was using ios37, I tried to install ios58 with the ios58 installer. But the Homebrew channel says it's still using ios37. Why? =( I want to use USB 2.0. Thanks in advance!

Reinstall it and it will use the correct IOS.

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yuan said:
Cubed said:
xzxero said:

Ok, I ran the ios58 installer again.. it told me the Wii uses ios37 and installed ios58 again. Same result as before, Homebrew channel still uses ios37. Thanks for the input though! This is strange. I'm using a USB stick if that's got to do with anything.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cubed said:
Yuan said:
Cubed said:
xzxero said:

Ok, I ran the ios58 installer again.. it told me the Wii uses ios37 and installed ios58 again. Same result as before, Homebrew channel still uses ios37. Thanks for the input though! This is strange. I'm using a USB stick if that's got to do with anything.

Well, sorry for don't explain it well. But you will need to reinstall the Homebrew Channel, not IOS58.

Cubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aha, I understand now.. will look into that, I guess I have to be careful when reinstalling the HBC. Thanks! =)

Edit: Yes, this did the trick.. big thanks Yuan!

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Its not that hard, download the Bootmii installer, run it, uninstall HBC (takes a few seconds) then takes you back to the menu where you can install it again, this all takes like 30 seconds, is not difficult, and unless you shut your wii off in the middle of something it is not dangerous at all.

While your at it might as well remove DVDx since all homebrew is moving towards IOS58 for dvd loading.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
While your at it might as well remove DVDx since all homebrew is moving towards IOS58 for dvd loading.
i thought all homebrew was moving towards HW_AHBPROT for DVD loading and IOS58 for USB2.0 speeds

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii itself is not powerful enough to handle RAW DVD. You need to convert it to another format and downscale it to 480p for smoother playback.

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
trumpet-205 said:
Wii itself is not powerful enough to handle RAW DVD. You need to convert it to another format and downscale it to 480p for smoother playback.

Alright... :/
But thanks for answering.

(Strangely enough, I can really swear it worked just fine with MPlayer CE on my old Wii.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...