Hacking Is my R4DS Fake?

DarkIain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello All,
I have had my R4DS for about a year now, and it is the kind with the spring, have never had any problems with it, and I bought it off a site which the R4 team recommended. But recently I noticed there is a bump in the middle of it, it is kind of circular with a point in the middle with it, the sticker is on perfectly, always reads in my DS, the whole lot. But I was reading somewhere that if there is a bump that it is fake, and I really wanna know if I can update the software of not, since I don't want a bricked DS!

Also I am sorry, but my camera is so crappy, that you couldn't see anything on my R4, so it is pointless posting a picture
unsure.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh this is gonna be hard ... where did you feel the bump again ?

the fronth of the R4 or the Back of the R4 ?

if it's at the front it's definately a fake but if it's at the back iunno though ...

and why not try opening you R4 by taking half of the shell of to see the internals in the back ?
Dscf0040.jpg

it should look somethin similar to this R4 ( Gen 1 like yours with spring )

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wrote a guide to checking please try searching the forum before posting yet another IS MY CARD REAL posts
smile.gif

the guide is in my signature
smile.gif

DarkIain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately it is at the front... Couldn't it just be a mistake when the R4 team was making it? I wasn't planning to update anyway...

Edit!!
Someone told me a good way to check is to peel back the sticker to see if there is any chips and there isn't, it looks like the front of a DS card with no sticker, I put it back on of course, and the little bump is just in the plastic, obviously it was melted weirdly to shape it, I am so happy!

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkIain said:
Unfortunately it is at the front... Couldn't it just be a mistake when the R4 team was making it? I wasn't planning to update anyway...

doubt very much its a mistake they dont make them as single units they are made mass production there would be hundreds out there .. have you had any issues with kernels from the official R4DS website do they run on your card? (1.18 latest)

and please post a picture of the front where the sticker is of your R4 card so we can take a look
smile.gif

DarkIain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
DarkIain said:

doubt very much its a mistake they dont make them as single units they are made mass production there would be hundreds out there .. have you had any issues with kernels from the official R4DS website do they run on your card? (1.18 latest)

and please post a picture of the front where the sticker is of your R4 card so we can take a look
smile.gif

Will version 1.18 brick my DS if my R4 is fake?

Also did you see my edit? This is the video I watched that made me think it isn't fake...

And my box looks real, really bright colors, really neat etc.

And, sorry I can't post a picture, it would just be a waste of GBAtemps space, since you couldn't see anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.