Hacking Is my ps3 slim bricked?

YeezusWalks

STRANGE JOURNEY CHADS RISE UP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at first it has no lights and then I click it then the red lights come on and then I click it once more it turns on with a green light and then the lights just fades...
(I was installing 4.82 cfw... if you need specifics then ask and I'll give details)

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does it happend directly after the CFW installation ? If it’s so you definitely bricked your console.
Which CHECH model?
If it’s a cech-250x I need to know the date-code

There are only two reasons why your ps3 do that.
You bricked your ps3 because the ps3 isn’t compatible to 3.55 (Mtldr2) or your ps3 has a faulty hardware (like cpu/gpu demage)

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was whilst attempting to install CFW it sounds like a sure brick to me. Unless coincidentally your PS3's hardware failed at the same time.

YeezusWalks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it happend directly after the CFW installation ? If it’s so you definitely bricked your console.and i chec
Which CHECH model?
If it’s a cech-250x I need to know the date-code

There are only two reasons why your ps3 do that.
You bricked your ps3 because the ps3 isn’t compatible to 3.55 (Mtldr2) or your ps3 has a faulty hardware (like cpu/gpu demage)
cech-2501A and i checked minver check or whatever its called and it said min ver was 3.40
also It was writing to nor and I was reading the /r/ps3hacks guide and it said after 10 mins its ok to turn off so I did and then I saw a guide here and it said to retry afterwards and then once it said success on the ps3 it turned off and then the ps3 possibly bricked

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope you dumped your NOR before you wrote into your NOR because there is only one way to fix it. You need to solder NOR Tristate to GND, connecting e3 flasher using NOR clip or soldering to reflash your dump via Hardmod

D

Deleted User

well fuck... i dont have an e3 flasher... well...thanks for helping i guess...

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
Did you dump your NOR?

Guys please please dump your nor 1st just in case of a soft brick. You can recover from a soft brick wit a hardware flasher 100% if you have a valid nor / nand dump. Once I have enough posts i'll start offering unbricking service.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Did you dump your NOR?

Guys please please dump your nor 1st just in case of a soft brick. You can recover from a soft brick wit a hardware flasher 100% if you have a valid nor / nand dump. Once I have enough posts i'll start offering unbricking service.
You can get PS3 slims/phats off of craigslist/ebay for $80. Hardly worth the time or money to pay for unbricking services. If you bricked your PS3, just buy a used one for cheap, and try again.

Last edited by xpoverzion,
D

Deleted User

You can get PS3 slims/phats off of craigslist/ebay for $80. Hardly worth the time or money to pay for unbricking services. If you bricked your PS3, just buy a used one for cheap, and try again.

That's also another option, costs a little more but you don't have to wait I guess. After doing thousands of PS3 reballs / downgrades I dfound some to have real sentimental value to their PS3's.

Last edited by ,

YeezusWalks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you dump your NOR?

i did dump my nor but i dont have an e3 flasher...

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only read it as "It's okay to turn off after 10 minutes" then you bricked it out of misreading. If its been more than 10-15 minutes and the entire window, including the background of the XMB screen, are frozen then you can safely power off as it's done nothing. It freezing means it hasn't done a thing. If it was moving when you powered off, then you bricked it.

YeezusWalks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only read it as "It's okay to turn off after 10 minutes" then you bricked it out of misreading. If its been more than 10-15 minutes and the entire window, including the background of the XMB screen, are frozen then you can safely power off as it's done nothing. It freezing means it hasn't done a thing. If it was moving when you powered off, then you bricked it.
yeah I'm a dumbass... Well I guess I'll just have to buy an e3 flasher...

YeezusWalks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.