Hacking Question Is my NAND backup "dirty"?

NoahConstable

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question.

I wanted to back up my NAND before haxing but i used "sdsetup[dot]com" to compile my sd files. The package used kosmos and skipped the hekate menu at RCM and went straight to booting CFW. I immediately used the settings to boot to hekate and backup NAND. Am I basically screwed on booting to clean because CFW had already been run?

Basically is my NAND backup "dirty"?

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Quick question.

I wanted to back up my NAND before haxing but i used "sdsetup[dot]com" to compile my sd files. The package used kosmos and skipped the hekate menu at RCM and went straight to booting CFW. I immediately used the settings to boot to hekate and backup NAND. Am I basically screwed on booting to clean because CFW had already been run?

did you installed any nsps or xci or run any apps in cfw before? if not . reset factory setting in NS ofw and then backup console nand is the only way.

NoahConstable

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you installed any nsps or xci or run any apps in cfw before? if not . reset factory setting in NS ofw and then backup console nand is the only way.

I ran absolutely nothing other than CFW (it booted into CFW automatically).

So booting OFW, initialize/factory reset, backup NAND in hekate should be clean?
I 100% understand that banning is always a possibility and took the risk, but I really would like a clean NAND especially if it means the possibility of emuNAND for atmosphere later.

EDIT: I ran nothing at all before the backup. I ran homebrew after the "dirty" CFW backup I made so I could update to 7.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX.

Last edited by NoahConstable,

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I ran absolutely nothing other than CFW (it booted into CFW automatically).

So booting OFW, initialize/factory reset, backup NAND in hekate should be clean?
I 100% understand that banning is always a possibility and took the risk, but I really would like a clean NAND especially if it means the possibility of emuNAND for atmosphere later.

EDIT: I ran nothing at all before the backup. I ran homebrew after the "dirty" CFW backup I made so I could update to 7.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX.

1, yes booting ofw and factory reset.
2, after factory reset and backup clean nand in hekate's RCM menu. these backup operate procedures won't be wrote in ofw's nand. so that's why we always backup nand before hacking.
3, choidujournx is a kind of offline system upgrade apps run below CFW not OFW. so if you update to 7.01 using choidujournx, it means the console dirty again.

Last edited by paulzheng,

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Did you wash first?

he didn't run any pirate games or apps in cfw. and he reset factory the console immediately. maybe the NS server detect all switch terminal wether it ran pirate games not only just ran cfw. that's ban rules probably.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Quick question.

Pretty much yeah. You might be fine but there's no way to tell until it's too late.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Quick question.

Yes, the backup was made after cfw was ran therefore it's dirty

Reactions: Hayato213

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ran cfw is not reason for banning. run piracy games must be banned if NS server detect any console's record

lol no, that wasn't what was asked, it was asked if running cfw = a dirty nand which it does, also there have been users who have been banned just for having CFW

See THIS THREAD, line 65 in the spreadsheet for instance

NoahConstable

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol no, that wasn't what was asked, it was asked if running cfw = a dirty nand which it does, also there have been users who have been banned just for having CFW

See THIS THREAD, line 65 in the spreadsheet for instance

So basically at this point it's a "fingers crossed" if I tried to restore, since we don't know what causes bans. Dang. I really wish I knew Kosmos booted straight into CFW and I wouldn't have used it first lol.

I'm just gonna bite the ban bullet since I don't have a clean backup. Or I could just stay offline forever lol.

Thanks for all the responses!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's only partly true. Booting it will not get you banned immediately, but if you go online with a "dirty" nand you will for sure get banned at some point.

Yeah I only wanted to use Homebrew to update without burning my fuses in case an emuNAND option eventually arose I could keep my 4.1.0 SysNAND and a latest version emuNAND, and I was planning to stay offline till then but it seems I'm stuck in dirty mode for good.

Last edited by NoahConstable,

Switch_Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dirtied 3 nands back when hekate first booted into cfw and they're not banned

And let me guess, you go online all the time with OFW, right? Not meant to be a dick, but if you have a dirty nand and connect to nintendo's servers you will get banned. Maybe not right away as I said before, but it will happen. Obviously if you never connect to their servers then they can't ban you.

tomi1578

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
And let me guess, you go online all the time with OFW, right? Not meant to be a dick, but if you have a dirty nand and connect to nintendo's servers you will get banned. Maybe not right away as I said before, but it will happen. Obviously if you never connect to their servers then they can't ban you.
yeah i do
i play splatoon

Panzerfaust

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used the kosmos 12.0.0 files for updating to 7.0.1 and was shocked, that it booted right into the cfw....some versions be4 it booted to hekate as it always should be....there is zero reason to boot into cfw on the first boot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...