Is my DSTT a fake?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by MegamanSPX, Jul 22, 2008.

Jul 22, 2008

Is my DSTT a fake? by MegamanSPX at 3:35 PM (1,333 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. MegamanSPX
    OP

Newcomer MegamanSPX Advanced Member

Philippines
    I recently bought a DSTT at our local mall. When I opened the package, it only contains the Cart and the card reader. No CD inserted either. Was I scammed?

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    I didn't get a CD with mine. Your card is probably real, since there aren't any clones for the DSTT.

3. mxk1000

Member mxk1000 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    There is some talk on the DX site about fake or shoddy DSTT cards, were the contacts aren't touching the sd card.
    I have just ordered one so hopefully this won't be a fake/shoddy piece of crap.

4. MegamanSPX
    OP

Newcomer MegamanSPX Advanced Member

Philippines
    Ohh what a relief, but why didn't my package have that rumble pak thingy.

5. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda

Because that costs extra.

6. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

THERES several versions .. TTDS on its own

TTDS with RUMBLE PACK

TTDS with GBA PACK

TTDS with BOTH GBA and RUMBLE PACK

and theres also NEO TOP TOY a kinda OEM version that also can be bought in the versions above .. all the SAME slot 1 card just different SKINS and STICKER on the fronts [​IMG]

a lot of card makers dont put disks in the bundles as they often need updating on a regular basis so they just put the website on the CARD STICKER or on the BOX/PACKAGE for you to visit and download the latest software build [​IMG]

7. GaveUpTomorrow

Newcomer GaveUpTomorrow Member

United States
    I just got my DSTT a few days ago from DealExtreme, and it works like a charm. I've experienced no problems and the contact problem is not present. I haven't seen too many DSTT complaints lately, so you should be just fine [​IMG]

8. rynem

Newcomer rynem Member

Canada
    It's not a fake. Mine didn't come with a rumble pack either, just the flash card and microsd reader. It works fine.

9. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Mine came with the card
    And the regular cheap MicroSD Card reader
    In plastic
    In a box
    That smells good =D

10. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The rumble and GBA expansion paks that are sometimes bundled with the DSTT are just rebranded eWin rumble and 2-in-1 GBA expansion paks. If you look around, you may be able to find them. Psxboy.com is usually the best place to find the eWin 2-in-1 GBA expansion pak, but it's been out of stock for a long time. I believe the eWin rumble pack can still be had for around $6 if you look around.

You can also get the EZFlash 3-in-1 which has both GBA expansion and rumble in one cart. Although the rumble isn't as good as the eWin, it's in a single cart and the GBA expansion works just fine with the DSTT. dealextreme.com carries the EZFlash 3-in-1, as do many other stores.

You'll need to download GBA ExpLoader from the download area to get either the eWin or the EZFlash GBA expansion paks to work with the DSTT since there is no direct support for any GBA expansion built into the DSTT menu.

-Bri