Gaming Is my ds lite fake?

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a ds lite at gamestop and I noticed, that some things were off about it namely the overall backing of the shell itself and the non glossy touchscreen. Also the L button feels a bit loose with a sound. Otherwise it works fine for DS games (I don't have any gba games to test it on)

001.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg
[/SPOILER

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the back of it in the writing looks different compared to all the others which say Nintendo DS lite and usually CE at the bottom. Mine does not which is why I am worried lol.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've seen fake ones from eBay which can't load NDS games at all. They are just Game Boy Advances reassembled to look like NDS.

If you can play fine with it your DS games, do worry not.

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys :) I just thought having no DS lite on the back meant it was a knock off or maybe it was replaced shell.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently bought a ds lite at gamestop and I noticed, that some things were off about it namely the overall backing of the shell itself and the non glossy touchscreen. Also the L button feels a bit loose with a sound. Otherwise it works fine for DS games (I don't have any gba games to test it on)

[/QUOTE
They refurbish them at gamestop and EB. Ive seen slightly different versions of the cases over the years. Some are a little more glossy, some a little diff plastic or color. Im pretty sure they use aftermarket shells. I have several that arent dead on the same right now.

Reactions: jDSX and Olmectron
D

Deleted-236924

Thanks guys :) I just thought having no DS lite on the back meant it was a knock off or maybe it was replaced shell.
The "Nintendo DS Lite" writing is actually under that big sticker near the Slot-1 :P that sticker isn't normally here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...