Hacking Is my CycloDS Faulty?

EliteKill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got myself a CycloDS a year ago, and lately my CycloDS started acting wierd. Some games won't load, some games freeze, for some I can't access the Enhanced Menu and some have bad slowdowns. Is it faulty or is it the firmware?

PS: No, I didn't ddrop it and I'm using a Sandisk MicroSD 4 GB
Edit/Delete Message

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMFG said:
try to backup all your files then reformat copy it all back, and update the firmware?
I agree. Backup the data and format your micro sd and update your firmware. If that doesn't worj try getting clean roms.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
I replied on the cycloDS forums to you as well, but I figured I'd throw in a reply here too.

It is actually very possible that your CycloDS evolution is faulty. Don't get me wrong, the cartridges are sturdy and built incredibly well, but it seems mine went kaput after 2 years of heavy usage.

Still, it was the best $70 bucks I've ever spent.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what version of the CycloDS you have, since a year ago is also the time they started making newer versions. But there is the possibility that your Cyclo is from the older batch, and a way to fix your problem is to tape a piece of paper over the sticker of the CycloDS. What this does is make the Cyclo fatter and thus the contacts touch the pins better, and this might solve your problem.

Otherwise, it's most likely a problem with your MicroSD, as they are much more likely to become faulty from wear and tear than the Cyclo itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E