Is my CycloDS Faulty?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by EliteKill, Apr 30, 2009.

1. EliteKill
    OP

EliteKill GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    I got myself a CycloDS a year ago, and lately my CycloDS started acting wierd. Some games won't load, some games freeze, for some I can't access the Enhanced Menu and some have bad slowdowns. Is it faulty or is it the firmware?

PS: No, I didn't ddrop it and I'm using a Sandisk MicroSD 4 GB
    Edit/Delete Message

2. Hardkaare

Hardkaare GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2009
    Sàigòn VN _____ Status: Banned
    try to backup all your files then reformat copy it all back, and update the firmware?

3. purplesludge

purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

Mar 2, 2009
    United States
    wv
    I agree. Backup the data and format your micro sd and update your firmware. If that doesn't worj try getting clean roms.

4. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    I replied on the cycloDS forums to you as well, but I figured I'd throw in a reply here too.

It is actually very possible that your CycloDS evolution is faulty. Don't get me wrong, the cartridges are sturdy and built incredibly well, but it seems mine went kaput after 2 years of heavy usage.

Still, it was the best $70 bucks I've ever spent.

5. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    I don't know what version of the CycloDS you have, since a year ago is also the time they started making newer versions. But there is the possibility that your Cyclo is from the older batch, and a way to fix your problem is to tape a piece of paper over the sticker of the CycloDS. What this does is make the Cyclo fatter and thus the contacts touch the pins better, and this might solve your problem.

Otherwise, it's most likely a problem with your MicroSD, as they are much more likely to become faulty from wear and tear than the Cyclo itself.