Is Mighty No. 9 even going to be released at all?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,746
  • Replies 33
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Hey everyone, I assumed the game would be officially out back in February 2016 but it still isn't out and I have to ask, why? It's not that I care about it, I frankly lost interest for it months ago but it perplexes me that customers who've been waiting so long still can't play and own it.

At this point though, it's hard to trust anything that Keiji Inafune says and does so yeah, here's my question/topic.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because we are constantly working on it in cooperation with all our partners, we want to wait and make sure that everything is confirmed to be ready before giving a new specific release date. But we expect it to realistically be in Spring 2016.

Reactions: Deleted User
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Hopefully they don't delay it any further than that but for a game project that gathered $4mil it sure looks very strange that they're taking so long to get it together.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they don't delay it any further than that but for a game project that gathered $4mil it sure looks very strange that they're taking so long to get it together.
Apparently the problem has to do with their networking not working... meaning they've delayed the game for who knows how long just so they can get Multiplayer to work, which I imagine a large portion of their backer base have little to no interest in. They could easily release the single player portion and patch multiplayer later. Luckily I didn't back this game, so I'm not missing out on anything.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Keiji Inafundme

I don't think the game is going to be released some time soon. It's actually possible that they've wasted the money on bullshit things *cough*ant simulator*cough*.

It's nice to see a Megaman-style game from the father of Megaman himself but I think he's not ready to manage his own company or create a game just yet.

vonfnas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Having 4 million dollars to work with when making a video game is nothing.... no wonder it's been delayed. You make it sound like 4 million is a lot, and if do think that, then you know nothing about video game industry.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Having 4 million dollars to work with when making a video game is nothing.... no wonder it's been delayed. You make it sound like 4 million is a lot, and if do think that, then you know nothing about video game industry.
I'm pretty sure the reason it's delayed was because of the multiplayer feature. They could just add that in a in an update instead of delaying the game any further

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, having 4 million dollars is nothing if they were making The Elder Scrolls VI, but they're not. Side-scrollers don't exactly need hundreds of staffmembers. That's not even mentioning the fact that their GOAL was $900k. Getting over 4x that amount shouldn't be considered "nothing," relatively speaking.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Prepare for Mighty Delay No. 9 :P

It's shocking how badly the game's development has been handled and a sober reminder for anyone considering backing a future crowd-funded game. I totally do not buy the recent delay being caused by multiplayer. There has to be more to it than that.

vonfnas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, having 4 million dollars is nothing if they were making The Elder Scrolls VI, but they're not. Side-scrollers don't exactly need hundreds of staffmembers. That's not even mentioning the fact that their GOAL was $900k. Getting over 4x that amount shouldn't be considered "nothing," relatively speaking.
I'm pretty sure I know more about developing a video game than you, considering you obviously have no idea what the costs are, and even less what the money covers. But I might as well hit my head against a wall than trying to explain something to someone who obviously thinks that he/she knows more about your profession.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I know more about developing a video game than you, considering you obviously have no idea what the costs are, and even less what the money covers. But I might as well hit my head against a wall than trying to explain something to someone who obviously thinks that he/she knows more about your profession.
Gee, what a sound argument. I concede this victory to you.

Trolling

This Username is taken. Problem?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait, let me grab my crystal ball.

crystal_ball.png

There you go :)

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Getting delayed once is acceptible. Getting delayed much more than that with the funds they've raised exceeding the need is not. They're taking too much time with multiplayer.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But I might as well hit my head against a wall than trying to explain something to someone who obviously thinks that he/she knows more about your profession.
This seems to imply that you're a game developer. Please enlighten us on the big budget projects you've worked on that make you more qualified than somebody else to judge game delays.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the game being developed on UE4? That engine has no upfront costs, instead relying on royalties if the game sells at all. How many people does it really take to make a 2d sidescroller megaman clone? How much are these people getting paid? Maybe that's where the $4 million went.

Stardew Valley took 1 man only a few years in his spare time to finish. These people are doing it as their fucking JOB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy