Is Mighty No. 9 even going to be released at all?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,758
  • Replies 33
  • Likes 1

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I recall, they are still working on that Legends clone, Red Ash. And the release date for that game is in about a year. I think they're doing too much, too soon with simultaneous projects on multiple platforms.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop complaint and they will release it because they know what they are doing. We rather this game to have no bugs at all. I understand that they said it before and changed the date to the Spring release and possible delay it. However, be patient. It will get there. Don't give up! :D

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop complaint and they will release it because they know what they are doing. We rather this game to have no bugs at all. I understand that they said it before and changed the date to the Spring release and possible delay it. However, be patient. It will get there. Don't give up! :D
If they knew what they were doing they would've released it when they said they were gonna release it. Or not give a release date at all since they weren't ready yet.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they knew what they were doing they would've released it when they said they were gonna release it. Or not give a release date at all since they weren't ready yet.

Yes, thats what I am saying but just don't give it up. Just tell them for the next time if they are going to make a sequel. :)

Izual Urashima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
When the project was announced, I had high hopes of seeing the Mega Man franchise coming back under a new name and the helm of Inafune. Then the Dina Debacle happened. Then the leaked demos showing how bland the game actually is appeared. Then the multiple delays for absolutely no known reason (since the demo has shown to talented people that nearly the whole game was done at that moment). Then the multiple kickstarters truly buried the last remnant of hope under the fact that these devs were more running after the money that after the will of making a legacy franchise of one of my favorites.

How the Mighty has fallen. Looking forward to the ninth delay and the fun it'll bring.

goodbytes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It was doomed as soon as they said "Hey, lets go to Kickstarter to fund this"

In my experience with crowd funding, 95% of them are met with failure, massive delays or a delivered product which is nothing like it was suggested. It's really easy to create a nice Kickstarter page with good intentions, delivering on the goods is a different story... The pressure from hundreds/thousands backers doesn't help either.

I've backed several games and other things on Kickstarter, some of them really simple, non of them have delivered their exact plan.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was doomed as soon as they said "Hey, lets go to Kickstarter to fund this"

In my experience with crowd funding, 95% of them are met with failure, massive delays or a delivered product which is nothing like it was suggested. It's really easy to create a nice Kickstarter page with good intentions, delivering on the goods is a different story... The pressure from hundreds/thousands backers doesn't help either.

I've backed several games and other things on Kickstarter, some of them really simple, non of them have delivered their exact plan.
Kickstarter can be a great way to fund games, but naturally things will change over the course of development. Of course none of them will be exactly like what they said it will be. That doesn't mean the Kickstarter was a failure.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having 4 million dollars to work with when making a video game is nothing.... no wonder it's been delayed. You make it sound like 4 million is a lot, and if do think that, then you know nothing about video game industry.
It's a 2D platformer. They could have made it for a quarter million. Also you are forgetting that they can make money on sales after the game is finished. Actually, back in the day, that's how all video game creators made money if you can believe it. I know, it's crazy, but people didn't expect players to buy their games before starting work on them.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kickstarter can be a great way to fund games, but naturally things will change over the course of development. Of course none of them will be exactly like what they said it will be. That doesn't mean the Kickstarter was a failure.
It certainly wasn't a failure for Inafune's pocket, but I think he was referring to it being a failure for the people expecting a good game.

goodbytes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

The Kickstarter was successful but thats where it ends.. Just look at the 380K comments on their page, mostly from disappointed backers waiting for something they have paid for. The Kickstarter model is very dangerous because developers, companies etc are being paid for a product that doesn't exist. At the end of the day people go to work to get paid, these guys are lucky enough to be doing something they are passionate about but the end goal is money... Give someone the money and that determination, drive and end goal moves further away.

I wonder if we would still be waiting for this game if they hadn't made a single penny and were relying on sales?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1