Gaming is M33 dead?

Giga_Gaia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's been a while since it got an update. The latest version is 5.00? Why isn't it getting any updates anymore?

Rucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, it isn't. I believe DAX is working on TA-88v3/3000, and as he said before, 5.50 isn't worth to update.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he wont make updates for new firmwares when nothing has changed from the last besides "security updates"

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't encountered anything not working on my 5.00m33-6. Even that crappy Monster Hunter game that just came out is fine.

Everybody complaining about the online store need to get over themselves. When you use homebrew/hacked software unsanctioned by the first party, you risk losing features like online compatibility. That's how these things have always worked, and crying to the developers over it is ridiculous.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
I haven't encountered anything not working on my 5.00m33-6. Even that crappy Monster Hunter game that just came out is fine.

Everybody complaining about the online store need to get over themselves. When you use homebrew/hacked software unsanctioned by the first party, you risk losing features like online compatibility. That's how these things have always worked, and crying to the developers over it is ridiculous.

I can only think of 1 game (well 3) that doesn't work with 5.00m33 series due to firmware number (unless if youapply a patch to the iso). those 1 (or 3) are Idol Master SP

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
he wont make updates for new firmwares when nothing has changed from the last besides "security updates"

That was before, and this is now when compatability is at stake.

Although I doubt much will be done for a while, not like it matters too much though.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just need to be able to play me some Disgaea 2 and Dissidia (and Soul Caliber would be nice), and I'll be good. But, if the UMDs (or digital copies) are going to force me to update my firmware, then I'll have to forego those methods of data acquisition.

I'm not holding my breath for anything from DA, as he has a life too, and probably has more pressing concerns than PSP hacking. I'm not giving up my EMU collection, so I'll wait until some team gets a compatible firmware up. Until then, I may have to get some pre-orders refunded.

Giga_Gaia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tales of VS and the Evangelion game aren't fine. They come with firmware 5.55 and prompt for an update (the update isn't out except on UMD). So maybe he should update.

Also, he says nothing is worth the updating, well, imo, PSN is worth it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Caaarp, I wanna play Evangelion: Jo
frown.gif

I also have it for PS2, but playing it on the PSP is better :/

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armored Core 3 Portable doesn't work...Tales of VS doesn't work. Dissidia and Soul Calibur are bound to have the same update/piracy check as well. Looks like if someone doesn't figure a way around this, we'll be in for a long wait.

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
crappy Monster Hunter game

When you use homebrew/hacked software unsanctioned by the first party, you risk losing features like online compatibility.

Damn right it is. What the point of using the PSN, I haven't been past Game in the XMB since I got Netfront?

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rock Raiyu said:
Armored Core 3 Portable doesn't work...Tales of VS doesn't work. Dissidia and Soul Calibur are bound to have the same update/piracy check as well. Looks like if someone doesn't figure a way around this, we'll be in for a long wait.
I don't really care about armored core, but is tales of vs released? Didn't know that one.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-B Released

The PSPGEN posse has released the next iteration of their Custom Firmware: 5.50 GEN-B. Current 5.00 M33 users — you’re missing out and perhaps acting a bit stubborn — you may as well bite the bullet and just upgrade. Access to the PlayStation Store alone is worth it; check it out…

What you need:

* A PSP-1000 or PSP-2000 v1 or v2 already running Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-A. DO NOT attempt to install this on a PSP-3000 or any PSP with a TA-088v3 motherboard.

5.50 GEN-B [translated] changes:

* Bug fix: the VSH menu can now be disabled
* Pressing Select can start the recovery, bring up the VSH recovery menu, or do nothing at all (for those who wish to use Remote Play between their PSP and PS3)
* Update via Network (taken from M33)
* * That Evangelion Jo game we told you about; it can be launched & played now
* Pandora (converting the battery to/from the Pandora-state) and Shutdown Device options added to the VSH menu
* Flash1 format option adds a check that prevents a flash1 format if enabled
* Access [remains open] to the PlayStation Store and Remote Play continues working

* Playing Evangelion: Jo without having to patch the ISO is a bit unstable. This is more or less a proof-of-concept to bypass the newly introduced CFW check. Proper details on countering this protection will be released later. For now — very quickly press Triangle & Circle when starting the game. It should work.

Once again — props to the GEN team. Nice work.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
5.50 gen -b has been out for a good time
and
tales of vs NEEDs 5.55 (5.50 gen-b and 5.00 m33-6 cant run it)

m33 will only get a new update when a BIG OFW happens

when a big name name come out we may see a new update

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
like for example 6.00?? that's why i am gonna have three psp (i left my phat in indo, i have my slim now(iso usage), and i am gonna see if i can get brite/go(official/legit) by the time dissidia come )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: anybody here?