Gaming is M33 dead?

Giga_Gaia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who cares what DAX think, someone wake up up and make him work on that firmware. Firmware 5.55 is required to play some new game (even though I am not a fan of that game: Gi-Joe requires it too).

He says nothing important was added, well, I beg to differ. Tales of VS is a big name, so whatever he thinks, it's irrevelant, make him release 5.55 m33.

Also, who cares if he is doing a fw for psp3000. psp3000 is trash, the interlaces are disgusting, I don't see why anyone in their right mind would want one.

Rucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Giga_Gaia said:
Who cares what DAX think, someone wake up up and make him work on that firmware. Firmware 5.55 is required to play some new game (even though I am not a fan of that game: Gi-Joe requires it too).

He says nothing important was added, well, I beg to differ. Tales of VS is a big name, so whatever he thinks, it's irrevelant, make him release 5.55 m33.

Also, who cares if he is doing a fw for psp3000. psp3000 is trash, the interlaces are disgusting, I don't see why anyone in their right mind would want one.
Guy, you're such a idiot. He's not paid to do it. And he has his life. So why don't you make it yourself instead of being ridiculous?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Rucario said:
Giga_Gaia said:

Guy, you're such a idiot. He's not paid to do it. And he has his life. So why don't you make it yourself instead of being ridiculous?

Not to mention the statement about "nothing being added" was ages ago, iirc. A long time before games started to require a higher firmware.

Seriously though, if I was DA and I saw this thread I would just stop developing completely and remove as many instances of my CFW from the internet as possible.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure Dark Alex isn't a fan of dirty, dirty pirates. Don't expect your cries to be heard.

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I've got still tons of older PSP games to play so I am not worried at all that there is currently no CFW that can play the latest games. These things always take time.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:

tales of vs. isn't exactly a big game....maybe it might sell well in Japan, but not a blockbuster. Outside of Asia, it'll probably make a dent like with any other Tales game. Also, if he thinks it isn't important, then it's not important to him...meaning he doesn't need to do it. Besides, he doesn't do CFW for piracy.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Caaarp, I wanna play Evangelion: Jo
frown.gif

I also have it for PS2, but playing it on the PSP is better :/

strange, I have 5.00m33-6 and am able to play Evangelion JO. I don't know about the other one that came out recently (I think) though.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:

I hope you know no one can make a 5.55 cfw. It's umd only afaik. >.> Go make it yourself then. Well people will still get it so shut up. Just use GEN if you need compatibility with newer games ....

Giga_Gaia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djricekcn said:
raulpica said:
Caaarp, I wanna play Evangelion: Jo
frown.gif

I also have it for PS2, but playing it on the PSP is better :/

strange, I have 5.00m33-6 and am able to play Evangelion JO. I don't know about the other one that came out recently (I think) though.

You can't play Tales of VS on 5.00m33-6. You can't play it on GEN or MHU either.

Well, maybe 5.50 wasn't good enoguh to get a new m33 version, but 5.55 needs it (cuz if he wants to do 6.0, then who the hell knows when it's gonna come out, they could use all numbers between 5.55 and 6.00 before they make it there)

Beside, he should do it now. Also, who knows if he will do 6.00, he might not think it's needed (who knows what 6.00 will bring, we are not there yet)

Giga_Gaia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can they just leave it umd only and skip to the next one?

Beside, anyone knows when is the next firmware update expected?

Mr. Shizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
the thing is there NO eboot for 5.55, it just a UMD update

so maybe when the next eboot happens we may see a new CFW

Actually one could make a 5.55 eboot rather easily. As a matter of fact Schmilk made one today.
Here is a thread @ E,P, he made about it:

http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18096

As far as the goofball who posted in this thread, saying DAX should be forced to make a new cfw - his intelligence level is obvious, and he doesn't deserve a reply from anybody...
wink.gif

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
I haven't encountered anything not working on my 5.00m33-6. Even that crappy Monster Hunter game that just came out is fine.

Everybody complaining about the online store need to get over themselves. When you use homebrew/hacked software unsanctioned by the first party, you risk losing features like online compatibility. That's how these things have always worked, and crying to the developers over it is ridiculous.

I am quite sure that there is someone in the world that would promptly shoot you for this comment.

what don't you like about Monster Hunter? sounds like you never actually played it.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
you do know that Monster Hunter games are one of the BEST sell games on the PSP (in Japan)
if you don't like it it must be to hard for you

also
most game run fine on 5.00 m33-6
BUT
NEWER game(game that are coming out now) and need 5.55 DON'T WORK

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoever said that dax should make a new m33 is wrong he's provided us with so much already, BUT it would be nice if he made a new m33

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ryupower said:
you do know that Monster Hunter games are one of the BEST sell games on the PSP (in Japan)
if you don't like it it must be to hard for you

stupidest statement ever

some people just don't like that style of game

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you feel that Alex owes the community anything, then you're wrong. His priority is not on getting 100% compatability with his backup loader. He enabled Homebrew on the PSP with his CFW. A side effect was that it ran backed up ISOs.

Once a 'major' update comes out for the PSP, one that's beyond security fixes, he'll probably get working on a new CFW version to incorporate the new features of the OFW. Now, many people just want a new CFW to play their games they downloaded, but that's not what CFW is meant for. It's meant solely for homebrew running on the PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.