OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a LU56 Wii running system menu 4.0U that i want to use for homebrew. Iv'e heard that LU56 Wii's are unmoddible by modchip, so i was wondering if this is also risky using bannerbomb. On a sidenote, if you have the HBC and Bootmii can you still acess the wii shopchannel, because i'd like to claim my club nintendo prize.
tongue.gif

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may not be Boot2v4 but that does not mean it has a Boot1 with truncha. My wii is LU37 and I can't install Bootmii as Boot2. Installer tells my my boot1 is no good and I can only install as IOS. But I don't have boot2v4 and I have downgraded my Wii many times for apparently silly reasons seeing as downgrading now serves no purpose because you can do everything you could do on 3.2 that you can on 4.0 or 4.1.

@OP

You can do anything to any wii out there. Yes you can get he shop channel working and all the goodies with 4.1 if you take the time to read the guides in this forum. All the information is here ... just use the search button.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Lothlorian said:
It may not be Boot2v4 but that does not mean it has a Boot1 with truncha. My wii is LU37 and I can't install Bootmii as Boot2. Installer tells my my boot1 is no good and I can only install as IOS. But I don't have boot2v4 and I have downgraded my Wii many times for apparently silly reasons seeing as downgrading now serves no purpose because you can do everything you could do on 3.2 that you can on 4.0 or 4.1.

@OP

You can do anything to any wii out there. Yes you can get he shop channel working and all the goodies with 4.1 if you take the time to read the guides in this forum. All the information is here ... just use the search button.
what about the ones that brick if you downgrade IOS.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olliepop2000 said:
Lothlorian said:

@OP

what about the ones that brick if you downgrade IOS.

That is why you NEVER downgrade. Just use TBR to get trucha in, and then install cIOS. Done!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/l6ek7TmdGE8?si=k_qXsn8Finqhz70P +1