Is LU56 bannerbomb safe?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Capt.Pwnage, Aug 26, 2009.

Aug 26, 2009

Is LU56 bannerbomb safe? by Capt.Pwnage at 9:38 PM (1,596 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Capt.Pwnage
    OP

Newcomer Capt.Pwnage Member

Canada
    I have a LU56 Wii running system menu 4.0U that i want to use for homebrew. Iv'e heard that LU56 Wii's are unmoddible by modchip, so i was wondering if this is also risky using bannerbomb. On a sidenote, if you have the HBC and Bootmii can you still acess the wii shopchannel, because i'd like to claim my club nintendo prize. [​IMG]

2. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Homebrew is safe on LU64 lol. Yes. Its not boot2v4. So a boot2 replacement works too.

3. Lothlorian

Member Lothlorian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It may not be Boot2v4 but that does not mean it has a Boot1 with truncha. My wii is LU37 and I can't install Bootmii as Boot2. Installer tells my my boot1 is no good and I can only install as IOS. But I don't have boot2v4 and I have downgraded my Wii many times for apparently silly reasons seeing as downgrading now serves no purpose because you can do everything you could do on 3.2 that you can on 4.0 or 4.1.

@OP

You can do anything to any wii out there. Yes you can get he shop channel working and all the goodies with 4.1 if you take the time to read the guides in this forum. All the information is here ... just use the search button.

4. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    what about the ones that brick if you downgrade IOS.

5. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

That is why you NEVER downgrade. Just use TBR to get trucha in, and then install cIOS. Done!

6. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is so unbelievably untrue I'm not even sure where to start...