Is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days a bad game?

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This video said its a bad game (the video is in spanish btw)

and i wanna play the game but im scared of having a bad experience with it

LanHikariDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed the game when I was younger, I wouldn't say it's a bad game. While it sounds repetitive with it's mission structure, the story plays into that, and the missions themselves shake things up enough to keep it interesting. I'd recommend it if you enjoyed the first two Kingdom Hearts games.
Definitely recommend actually playing it, rather than watching the remastered cutscenes, the remastered cutscenes skip over a lot and really fuck up the build up.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I enjoyed the game when I was younger, I wouldn't say it's a bad game. While it sounds repetitive with it's mission structure, the story plays into that, and the missions themselves shake things up enough to keep it interesting. I'd recommend it if you enjoyed the first two Kingdom Hearts games.
Definitely recommend actually playing it, rather than watching the remastered cutscenes, the remastered cutscenes skip over a lot and really fuck up the build up.
i only played re:coded

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a fanboy of Kingdom Hearts because it was my mom's favorite game series, so I might be biased, but I thought it was a worthy addition to the series.

Also, I had my DS glued to my hands at pretty much all times during that era, and the ability to play Kingdom Hearts on a handheld just blew by mind, even if it was a pretty massive downgrade from the PS2 originals.

I liked it much better than Re:Coded (which is probably the worst game in the series next to Chain of Memories), better than Dream Drop Distance, but not as much as Birth By Sleep.

It's a solid 7.8, in my book.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think Kingdom Hearts II is the best in the series, but I haven't completed III yet.

If you have a PS2 kicking around, they are SUPER simple to mod now, so you should definitely check out KH 1 and 2, at least. And if you've got a beefy enough PC for PPSSPP to run well, Birth By Sleep is the single best portable title in the series, hands down.

Or, just get the PS4 versions. I love the series.

LanHikariDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think Kingdom Hearts II is the best in the series, but I haven't completed III yet.

If you have a PS2 kicking around, they are SUPER simple to mod now, so you should definitely check out KH 1 and 2, at least. And if you've got a beefy enough PC for PPSSPP to run well, Birth By Sleep is the single best portable title in the series, hands down.

Largely agree, though PPSSPP is incredibly light-weight, even modern low-tier phones can run it at a reasonable framerate.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is honestly one of my favorite DS games, ngl. I find it rather enjoyable and the story rather interesting. I feel like people are bit too hard on it
I say give it a try, don’t let reviews stop you from having that experience

Reactions: Xdqwerty

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country

Or just get the pc version. You can even mod the pc version of 2 to have the voices in spanish

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
358/2 Days is a good game, feel like people just like to hate on it just for the memes. Felt like the mission structure is great in this game rather than in Crisis Core or Monster Hunter just because is 358/2 Days is fast paced. Also the fact that you could play any of the Organization characters is pretty dope.

pojes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This video said its a bad game (the video is in spanish btw)

and i wanna play the game but im scared of having a bad experience with it cigs solar panels

Yes, it can get a little tedious and repetitive but I liked it. Of course the story it tells about Roxas is amazing, but the gameplay wasn't that bad. I can agree that Ruler of the Sky was an annoying boss and the famous "chase the heartless" mission.Apr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course