Is it worth to get japan new 3ds xl?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sterob, Jul 26, 2015.

1. sterob
    OP

sterob Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2015
    United States
    I found a reseller near me selling japan 3ds LL with 9.0 FW and it is $60 cheaper than US version. I read some tutorials online and seems like gateway is the best especially able to load .cia file for undub game but i need one with FW lower than 9.2 and online seller can't guarantee 9.2 FW

Is it worth the saving and ability to use gateway to buy japan 3ds? How much do i need to play with the menu in japanese since I don't know japanese and won't play online at all.

Last edited by sterob, Jul 26, 2015
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Sure, if it's the only hackable n3DS you can find. It's up to you to decide whether being stuck with Japanese language in the home menu and built in apps is worth $60. For me it's not, so if you can find a US n3DS on 9.0/9.2 that would be preferrable IMO.

3. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    newer games wont work on a hacked N3ds eventually in the very near future having a japanese N3ds is going to suck.

4. sterob
    OP

sterob Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2015
    United States
    why? isn't using newest firmware with like sky3ds fine with either japanese or english n3ds?

5. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    well if you're using a sky sure it will work but then you're locked to only japanese games.
    it seems unlikely at this point custom firmware or any future n3ds exclusive games will work on hacked systems though.

6. sterob
    OP

sterob Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2015
    United States
    sorry i am still not clear about this. Isn't custom firmware like rxTools still only work with 9.2 and below?