Hacking Is it very unsafe to install wads when the wiiconnect24...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This makes no difference, they can't block or detect it, the wad manager will not connect your wii with the nintendo server and send them that you are installing a illegal wad or something like that.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes, it is dangerous to install WADs, because they can brick your Wii. With a proper protection (Priiloader, BootMii) you're safe, otherwise, not.

Oh, and like I always say...if you can't take the risk of getting banned/punished in some form from Nintendo for Pirating WiiWare/VC OR Custom Channels, don't do it. Right now, they don't do anything, but this could change (As far as I remember, Preloader was able to detect fakesigned channels, and delete them all as a joke, and this in a very short time) ...

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
Yes, it is dangerous to install WADs, because they can brick your Wii. With a proper protection (Priiloader, BootMii) you're safe, otherwise, not.

Oh, and like I always say...if you can't take the risk of getting banned/punished in some form from Nintendo for Pirating WiiWare/VC OR Custom Channels, don't do it. Right now, they don't do anything, but this could change (As far as I remember, Preloader was able to detect fakesigned channels, and delete them all as a joke, and this in a very short time) ...
want me to pass that on to DacoTaco to do the same with priiloader? :')

Eric345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:

Uh oh I just forgot to turn off the wiiconnect 24 on while I install the wiiware/vc games... dam I might get arrested,,,

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Calm down, you won't get arrested. If Nintendo watched everything that everyone with WC24 on did, they'd be the ones with a serious lawsuit on their hands. Installing WADs will never get you in legal trouble, but be sure to have some form of brick protection (BootMii, Priiloader, etc.) on in case the installation goes wrong.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it safe to keep wiiconnect24 on now? i remember some time ago it was recommended to keep it off to prevent updates or something, but now with priiloader you can block updates...

D

Deleted User

Just install Priiloader. Nothing can go wrong. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There has never been an automatic update, wiiconnect24 has never caused any sort of automatic so it has never mattered whether it's on or not.

The "scare" occurred when nintendo updated it's EULA stating that Nintendo was free to update the wii console even without our consent. Nintendo has never put it into practice and never will because of how dangerous it is to the system to interrupt the updating process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-