Hardware Is it still worth buying an old 3ds xl in 2018?

Langley911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Nice buy! I'm still stuck with a 2DS, but I would honestly love to have a New 2DS (specifically the red and black) or the old 3DS XL with the NES design
ty
You have a switch duh,and a 2ds,those 2 are enough xd
I'll just wait for Persona 5 to be offcially announnced for the Switch before buying the console (lets hope the rumor is true lah)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ,

Langley911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
got a New one and there are still games released this year,waiting for English release of PQ2 and many more... dead system to ppl who does not care much about it,not everyone

Langley911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Get it for the games you missed, but don't expect much new to come. It's nearly a dead system.

This is everything that's coming and I don't expect much else. Any big projects will just be on Switch.

1. Operation COBRA
    tbd
    • User: tbd
    • Jan 11
  2. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
    tbd
    • Jan 11
  3. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
    tbd
    • Feb 5
  4. Yo-kai Watch 3: Tempura
    tbd
    • Feb 8
  5. Yo-kai Watch 3
    • Feb 8
  6. Shovel Knight: King of Cards
    tbd
    • Apr 9
Big titles sure will be released on Switch but who cares lol its a hybrid console after all and 3DS is a 100% handheld,its game library is fine i dont expect sth like that at all you know?
Like you are saying COD blackops 4 isnt coming to the 3DS haha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Business done ty all xd

Last edited by Langley911,

Langley911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
COD Blackops 4 on the 3ds? I threw up in my mouth a little. Who would want to play that? LOL.
yeah thats what i meant,who would want AAA games on their 3DSs ,casual and indie games are fine tho as long as it gets support from the community and Nintendo,even the god damn old DSi got hacked this year to install games without using flashcarts

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UPDATE: after adding up a little more bucks i got this beauty :) feelsgoodman
That's a nice looking little machine.

My response to any "Is 'X' console still worth buying in 'current year'?", is always 'YES' unless we're talking about the Wii Mini.
There are many benefits to using original hardware that the 'just emulate it' crowd don't get - playing games the way they were designed to be played can never be underestimated. The 'just get a Switch' crowd are also missing the point.
Wherever possible, buy the systems that have the titles you want to play; if the Switch doesn't have any titles you want to play, buying one is just stupid (regardless of it's exploitability), especially if you're doing so at the expense of ignoring an older system with a ton of titles you do want to play.

Reactions: Langley911

Langley911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
That's a nice looking little machine.

My response to any "Is 'X' console still worth buying in 'current year'?", is always 'YES' unless we're talking about the Wii Mini.
There are many benefits to using original hardware that the 'just emulate it' crowd don't get - playing games the way they were designed to be played can never be underestimated. The 'just get a Switch' crowd are also missing the point.
Wherever possible, buy the systems that have the titles you want to play; if the Switch doesn't have any titles you want to play, buying one is just stupid (regardless of it's exploitability), especially if you're doing so at the expense of ignoring an older system with a ton of titles you do want to play.
Hell ye

Langley911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
if you looking for visual novels ,indie and RPGs , Ps vita is also an option
VIta's visual novels are cool but they are all in Japanese which i cant read so i'll just pass till i know how to write and read the language
but in term of RPG i still think the 3DS is better

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I bought a Pokemon 2DS ($79 from Amazon clearance) for my daughter and a metallic blue 3DS ($99 Amazon clearance yet again) for myself. Enjoying the few games we've played together, will check out the various RPG games later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol