Hardware Is it still worth buying an old 3ds xl in 2018?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play 3DS games on Windows computer using the Citra emulator if you're on tight budget.

If there are no New 3DS exclusives games you wish to play, the (iQue) old 3DS XL/LL works fine for pretty much everything else.

Since you live in Hong Kong, you should be able to find and buy an NTRboot DS flashcart to hack your 3DS.

Reactions: Langley911

Langley911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ty but if i had time at home i would use Citra to play ,as im busy going to school,extra classes and stuffs lol and i dont really want to use emulators cause of the fps drop,screen resolution, etc...

SagaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It is definitely worth it!, you got the rest of the Ace Attorney and Layton Saga, Chase: Cold Case Investigations, the incredible beautiful RPG Bravely Defult and it's secuel, the Etrian Odisey and Shin Megami Tensei games, Kid Icarus uprising for really nice unconventional shooter game with and excellent story and many, many other games worth having :yay3ds:.

Langley911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
thanks for all your replies! Gonna buy one next week,oh and i just found out i can get a N3ds or even an XL for the same money im gonna invest in (around 110$)

Reactions: SagaP

MarkPrime24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better save money and buy a switch{with your current budget you should go for a used/second hand one}

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is already hacked down and is possible to emulate on multiple cores..

Reactions: Langley911

Langley911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Better save money and buy a switch{with your current budget you should go for a used/second hand one}

It is already hacked down and is possible to emulate on multiple cores..
well im not into that kind of handheld and its game library is not for me,im into visual novels and RPGs that i can play on the go without worrying about battery life,the size and yes,Persona Q2 is coming so 3ds is still my 1st priority
maybe i will consider buying a Switch after i have moved to the America next year
thanks a lot!
(i've played most 3rd party games on Switch with my PC so yeah ..)

Last edited by Langley911,

MarkPrime24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well im not into that kind of handheld and its game library is not for me,im into visual novels and RPGs that i can play on the go without worrying about battery life,the size and yes,Persona Q2 is coming so 3ds is still my 1st priority
maybe i will consider buying a Switch after i have moved to the America next year
thanks a lot!
(i've played most 3rd party games on Switch with my PC so yeah ..)
B

But be more future proof because now you can emulate 3ds even on a potato pc and more switch title will come up in future

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do it. You bought a DS, right? So get a 3DS again.I still play Smash, Kart, RPGs that I was like, "2-do pile 4u", and the homebrew is fun.

Either way, your life will be immeasurably enhanced by the purchase of a 3DS...and I'm not even making money off of telling that to you.

Reactions: IC_ and Langley911

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I used to have the original 3ds and a 2ds but sold them nearly 2 years ago cause 1 of them could not be hacked and i dont like the second one's design (i mean the 2ds).I missed many good games (finished Pkm Moon at the time) .Just bought a dsi xl and started playing the Phoenix Wright series again as i havent played the whole trilogy yet and to think there are much cooler games like that on the 3DS makes me want to buy one again but i wonder if its still a good deal or not and if im into detective,a little-(J)RPG-with-good storyline games (maybe some shooters if they have good stories) which title should i play?
also i love dating sims,but unfortunately new love plus's English patch has not been completed yet and seems like they have dropped the project)
oh and i can not afford a n3ds or anything above so pls no :((
I would say no. If you care about 3D, the n3DS XL gives you a much better 3D experience, and if you don't care about 3D, the n2DS XL is still a better choice.

Reactions: ConKonner

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess it depends on price (whether it is worth it or not).

To me the unit will have to be very cheap since I consider the original 3DS Nintendo's worst design of any gaming portable they have made. Buttons behind a membrane, silver-painted plastic, obnoxious gloss. Basically a combo of all the things I hate.

Re: 3D
Eyeaches and headaches are the result of the 3D feature to me, so I keep 3D on for only brief periods for 'pop'. 3D is interesting but not interesting enough for Nintendo to continue it in their Switch, apparently.

Or probably not cheap enough, kid-eye-friendly enough, battery-friendly enough, etc. It speaks volumes that Nintendo chose to confuse the 3DS brand with 2DS (it shocked me) and dropped 3D in the Switch altogether.

Langley911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
UPDATE: after adding up a little more bucks i got this beauty :) feelsgoodman

Attachments

• 48377124_2186504285000682_878688190649597952_n.jpg
    48377124_2186504285000682_878688190649597952_n.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 186

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables seem to last forever.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: i only buy new ones when theres a new standard and I have gear that uses it. Otherwise my cables...