Hacking Is it save to install \/C wad's on vWii?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on which wads.
If it's for Virtual Console Games, then you can just use whatever .wad. Avoid .wads that can cause a banner brick though.
If you want to use injects, my advice is just inject them yourself without changing banner and you'll be fine.

I use the same VC wads as I did for the normal Wii and it worked just fine for the Wii U's vWii.
The only thing is PAL/NTSC issue on vWii. You can easily bypass it by using Wiiflow.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster
D

Deleted User

I've installed tons of wads of all different kinds and have been fine, VC, Wiiware, Homebrew forwarders. I would say it should be fine, just stay away from VC injects... those things are always sketchy.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@thekarter104
Thank you for the help but i still have some questions and yes its for Virtual Console:
If it's for Virtual Console Games, then you can just use whatever .wad. Avoid .wads that can cause a banner brick though.

How do i know if the banner of the .wad has the correct image size so i don't get a bannerbrick?
What are Injects?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have plenty of VC wads installed on my vWii with no issue. It's fine.

The only wads you need to be careful with are forwarders - only use forwarders designed for vWii. And obviously don't mess with your IOSes.

Last edited by sj33,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Don't forget that if you want to use different region VC games, you need to patch the wad file before installing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1