Hacking Is it safe to use an R4i with Kirby icon on an updated 3DS?

turbby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I own a 3DS running Ver. 4.2.0-9E, and a R4i Gold 3DS Rev. C with the Kirby: Squeak Squad Demo icon, running Wood 1.54.

My question is: is it safe for me to update my 3DS to 4.5 or should I wait for an R4i update? Thanks.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I dunno about "safe" per se... I have a rev C R4i 3DS Gold and using it on my v4.5 3DS didn't really do anything. It actually reminds me of the 002 error on the Wii when it comes to backups. All it'll ask you is to restart your system and that's it. ...and yeah, it won't work with 4.5 so you're going to have to wait for an update. Rev C R4is don't work with the new version despite what they say.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rev C's work if you have a Deep Labyrinth bootloader version. Not many people have that one, true, and it's a bit curious as to why they haven't pushed a patch to revision C card users that have the Metroid Hunters Demo icon. If you don't have a DS lite to perform the upgrade in case of going ahead to 4.5.0, saying it isn't safe is a fair way to put it, IMO.

turbby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bump as I noticed there's both a card update and Wood update.

I'm still on 4.2.0-9E, am I required to update my R4i using another DS or can I do it with the 3DS? Or is this not required, so I can just update Wood R4 and then update the 3DS to 4.5?

HW: R4i Gold 3DSb
Sys: NDSi 1.44&3DS4.40-10

That's with Wood 1.55 on the card.

turbby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I went ahead and ran the DSi patch on my 3DS anyway and the icon is now some Japanese game title by Konami.

Sys:NDSi 1.45&3DS4.5.0-10

Does this now mean the 3DS can be safely updated?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.