Is it safe to update the game?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by tahersaid, Dec 10, 2016.

1. tahersaid
    OP

tahersaid Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2005
    Egypt
    First of all, I would like to really thank all the great guys that helped me with my downgrading process. If you looked into my previous threads, you will see that almost every step I take I ask a question here looking for an answer and many of you helped me within minutes.

A big Thank you.

Now I downloaded games and some games have their updates bundled with and some don't. When I start some of the games, it tells me that there is a new update for that specific game and it can be downloaded directly from Nintendo if would like to.

The question is, is it safe to update the game directly from Nintendo or I should wait for someone to upload the cia update file?

Last edited by tahersaid, Dec 10, 2016
  2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    It's safe to update directly if the game is from the same region as your 3DS. If not, then you'll have to find it on that iso site. Please remove the name of the site in your post and please refer to it as that iso site, it's against the rules to directly name the site.

3. tahersaid
    OP

tahersaid Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2005
    Egypt
    Done.

My 3ds is USA and the game I downloaded is USA ( Region free edition ).

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Then you're safe to update from the eShop.

tahersaid likes this.
  5. tahersaid
    OP

tahersaid Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2005
    Egypt
    Thanx alot for helping.